Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2007, 02:53 PM

Default Re: spew or standard?

[ QUOTE ]
do you even now the concpet of the valuecheck?

[/ QUOTE ]

Very familiar, but I just don't think this is the spot. At .50/1 I think that charging the draw > inducing a bluff (which won't happen a whole lot, and then they check/fold river and we miss out on a whole BB).

This board is just SO draw heavy that I can't see giving a free card as ever being a good play.

Gehrig: I agree with you that if we give a free card to a hand *that was going to fold* to possibly induce a bluff, that's fine. However, there are a LOT of hand we're ahead of here that aren't going to fold to a bet. Checking behind also greatly increases our chances of getting bluffed off the best hand when any of 15+ rivers peel.

Perhaps I'm thinking about this wrong, but if I'm raising this draw heavy flop, I'm betting this draw heavy turn.
Old 09-04-2007, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
do you even now the concpet of the valuecheck?

[/ QUOTE ]

Very familiar, but I just don't think this is the spot. At .50/1 I think that charging the draw > inducing a bluff (which won't happen a whole lot, and then they check/fold river and we miss out on a whole BB).

This board is just SO draw heavy that I can't see giving a free card as ever being a good play.

Gehrig: I agree with you that if we give a free card to a hand *that was going to fold* to possibly induce a bluff, that's fine. However, there are a LOT of hand we're ahead of here that aren't going to fold to a bet. Checking behind also greatly increases our chances of getting bluffed off the best hand when any of 15+ rivers peel.

Perhaps I'm thinking about this wrong, but if I'm raising this draw heavy flop, I'm betting this draw heavy turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

what would you do if c/r on the turn?
Old 09-04-2007, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what would you do if c/r on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
If you're going to raise this flop (and fold out the button), you have to b/f the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, I'm not saying I raise this flop in the first place. I'm with jba in this assessment.
Old 09-04-2007, 05:04 PM

I like the turn check. You are probably way ahead or way behind. The board isn't that scary. I can't see him 3-betting pre flop with something like JT. If he is that kind of aggressive player, then you are also likely to be bluffed by a c/r on the turn. I think it's close, but I'm leaning toward the check because it could also induce a bluff on the river.