Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2007, 02:02 PM

Default moving up to NL100

sorry if something like this has been posted but I have a question about movig up to NL100. I've played a pretty good number of hands at 50NL and I feel I am ready to take a shot now that I have 20 buyins. Are there any huge differences I should know about or are the two levels similar?
Old 09-04-2007, 02:57 PM

Default A ramble and a digest of sorts from uNL

I found this post by Munkey very helpful

I'm in the midst of taking a shot at NL100 myself and have found (at least on Stars) that the two levels play very similarly, though there are a few fewer really live tables at NL100. I've been really focusing on table and seat selection lately, and have found that being patient and finding a couple of very profitable situations as opposed to a handful of middlingly good tables is ++EV. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Oh, and I also just read PNLHE twice. That's helped immensely.
Old 09-04-2007, 03:13 PM

Default Re: A ramble and a digest of sorts from uNL

Just moved up from NL50 permanently (hopefully)...I have not noticed a difference at all in average skill level. There are somewhat better regulars that I look to avoid. However, there are still some really terrible fish out there that must be attracted to somewhat higher stakes. I have gotten it in PF 3 times this weeks with AK vs AQ for 100bbs each, something I can't really remember much at NL50. The NL100 regs do seem to be 3-betting lighter PF so I've had to adjust my 4-betting range a bit. I've noticed more moves + aggression going down post flop also.
Old 09-04-2007, 03:17 PM

Default Re: A ramble and a digest of sorts from uNL

Just moved up on FTP, it seems about the same, just overall marginally better. Bad players bluff a bit more and pay off a bit less, regs are a bit more solid. The solid regs I've seen at 50nl are also on 100nl. Tables are also a bit worse on average, and wait lists for good tables are bigger.