Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2007, 10:39 AM

Default NL25 KTo

villian: 39/11/5/40 on 46 hands

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $36.55
BB: $24.80
UTG: $18.90
Hero (MP): $23.30
CO: $25.00
BTN: $40.05

Preflop: Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.25</font>, 2 folds, SB calls $1.15, BB folds

Flop: ($3) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $1.75</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $3.50</font>, Hero calls $1.75

Turn: ($10) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $5.00</font>, Hero calls $5.00

River: ($20) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $5.00</font>, Hero calls $5.00

Pot Size: $30.00 ($1.45 Rake)
Old 09-04-2007, 10:43 AM

Default Re: NL25 KTo

fold preflop, raise from CO is ok, but not from MP
bet more on flop, at least 2$

turn and river are meh.
i think his min-raise on the flop indicated a lot of strength, he could have a set here quite often.
i dont know, i think we pay him off here, and he makes this small bet on the river because he wants us to call with Tx.

folding turn would be the best decision i guess.
Old 09-04-2007, 11:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
fold preflop, raise from CO is ok, but not from MP
bet more on flop, at least 2$

turn and river are meh.
i think his min-raise on the flop indicated a lot of strength, he could have a set here quite often.

i dont know, i think we pay him off here, and he makes this small bet on the river because he wants us to call with Tx.

folding turn would be the best decision i guess.

[/ QUOTE ]
normally i don't raise but there was dead money behind me and i have been in mp3
because villian isn't that good player i think he could play T9, JT, QT like he did.
Old 09-04-2007, 11:59 AM

With as aggressive as he is, when he bets out pretty weak on the turn I am pushing on him.
Old 09-04-2007, 12:00 PM

If you're going to fold the turn then why are you calling the check minraise on the flop?

When you half pot bet this like you are, it looks like you're valuebetting a weak ten. You would probably mash the pot button if you were bluffing with air, so why not bet 2.5 or 3 on the flop to keep air in your range from your opponent's perspective. I think you're giving away the strength of your hand with that bet.

You could also check the flop behind since it's such a dry board and your villian is somewhat loose. Then you could call the turn and hope to get a cheap showdown...esp if Q or A doesn't come. Does that make sense?

[Edit: You would of course be interested to know how often he check raises continuation bets, or if you've seen him check minraise as a bluff. Without seeing him do that I would even fold to the check minraise...]
-z
Old 09-04-2007, 12:11 PM

"You could also check the flop behind since it's such a dry board and your villian is somewhat loose. Then you could call the turn and hope to get a cheap showdown...esp if Q or A doesn't come. Does that make sense?"

This sounds bad to me.
Old 09-04-2007, 12:20 PM

Looks alright to me.
Old 09-04-2007, 12:23 PM

Calling that min-raise on the flop depends on reads but other than that, as played, I think it looks alright.
Old 09-04-2007, 12:40 PM

Looks good. BTW raising from middle position with KTo is not a sin against nature. You just have to be prepared to lay down TP sometimes.
Old 09-04-2007, 01:36 PM

Fold preflop. I'm almost sure that you aren't good enough to be playing this hand from this position. I think a big leak that many players have is assuming that they are good enough to be playing/raising weak hands from UTG/MP to "mix it up" or "LAG it up".

If I had to play the hand on the flop, I'd cbet 2.5 on the flop and think/fold to a minraise.