Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2007, 11:17 AM

Default 10NL - A4 in BB flops two pair to river shove

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $8.85
Hero (BB): $10.00
UTG: $4.55
MP: $11.85
CO: $10.30
BTN: $8.55

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG calls $0.10, 3 folds, SB calls $0.05, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.30) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $0.30</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.20</font>, UTG folds, SB calls $0.90

Turn: ($2.70) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($2.70) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $1.70</font>, <font color="red">SB raises all-in to $7.55</font> Hero ???

Ok, I've played a bunch of hands with this guy and mined others. He runs about 20/9 over a significant sample. He's not terrible, but a bit loose and passive. I bet the river because I figured I'm good here a lot of times, so I might as well get some value, then he shoved. My first instinct was call, he could do this with AT+, but he didn't raise pf. I'm confused, I'm getting like 2-1 on the river, is this an easy call or fold? And should I have checked behind on the river? Thanks guys.
Old 09-04-2007, 11:43 AM

Default Re: 10NL - A4 in BB flops two pair to river shove

I would have bet turn. Not sure about river but I might check behind there. But I think for sure I would have bet turn and had I did that it would make river easier I think. My turn bet would have been around 2.20.

As played I probably call this river.
Old 09-04-2007, 11:49 AM

That makes sense, but I mean, I think he takes the same line on the turn, the T of diamonds can't help his hand that much other than two pair, I think he would raise TT pre. But, definitely, when I reviewed the hand history first thing I thought was, why didn't I bet the turn? Thanks.

EDIT: To clarify what I was saying, I meant that I don't think he could be on a spade draw or anything. The river probably didn't matter. His hand was probably made before the turn and in this situation I don't think it mattered that the hand got to the river, but you are right about betting the turn.
Old 09-04-2007, 12:19 PM

Betting the turn here, IMO is an absolute MUST. You will get called by all kinds of garbage and I'm calling a CR shove btw..
Old 09-04-2007, 12:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Betting the turn here, IMO is an absolute MUST. You will get called by all kinds of garbage and I'm calling a CR shove btw..

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed
Old 09-04-2007, 12:21 PM

As played this is a call on the river.

Also it's retarded not to bet turn as you are getting value out of a LOT of stuff.
Old 09-04-2007, 12:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Aces Up is a good enough hand to not excersise pot control.

And I won't check behin the river either. He'll still pay me of with some of his A-X enough times, to make it worth it. As played i'm prolly folding. because if he's a bit on the passive side, I don't seem make this with a lot of things we beat. T9 pssoibly, but is he calling the flop raise with that?
Old 09-05-2007, 04:14 AM

-----
Old 09-05-2007, 04:55 AM

*grunch*
Flop: Why the big overbet on the flop? I probably only bet pot here especially on a non-coordinated rainbow board.

Turn/river: I'm not super-unhappy with the check behind on the turn but I'd have preferred to fire again to be honest - he could be calling down with top pair so there's value in this and you can probably take a free showdown if he folds. Plus I don't like giving him a free card. As played, why do you now fire the river after the check though? Here I'd prefer some pot control and a check behind. As played I probably call this but I must admit this is a weird play
Old 09-05-2007, 05:15 AM

I def bet the turn as you get called by a lot worse, and probably river aswell. As played i dont think i would call the river c/r