Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2007, 11:12 AM

Default Re: Ask me about Adolf Hitler.

Interesting thread AC...my question is as follows: The word "genocide" was created to describe the atrocities committed against the Armenians by the Turkish Ottoman Empire during WWI. It is estimated that Turks killed over 1.5 million Armenians in the name of ethnic cleansing.

It has been frequently stated that Hitler, in part, justified the killing of the Jewish people, by stating, "After all, who remembers the Armenians?" Have you encountered this statement in your research?
Old 09-04-2007, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would be very interested in some detail on how he rose to power. I'm aware that he had thses great oratorical skills but he would have needed help from the powerbrokers of the day and how could they not have known that he was a manical physchopath. Or did he do it all himself?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure if you're done with this thread or not AC but don't bother answering this unless what I dredged up on the internet is not accurate. Found this:

web page

If this is accurate, it was a pretty convoluted and scheming rise to power.
Old 09-04-2007, 02:50 PM

What kind of food did Hitler like?

How did he defend his alliance with the Japanese, a non-white race?
Old 09-04-2007, 10:32 PM

i dont know if this was asked already, but i remember listening to the howard stern show and he said that hitler used to get on the floor and chew carpet in front of his staff when he was enraged. is this true? what other odd behavior would he do in these situations?

if this has already been answered please direct me to the post.
Old 09-05-2007, 12:06 AM

Sorry I've been away, NT had me banned for the last 48 hrs (unrelated to this thread.)

"Are you kidding me?

The German only suffered a debacle at Stalingrad because Hitler refused to let Paulus break out."

Yes, he was advised by everyone that Stalingrad should be abandoned and Army Group Center near Moscow and Army Group North near Leningrad should all be pulled back behind the river Dneiper. But Hitler didn't want to give up the gains and sacrifice all chance at acquiring Russian oil that layed Southeast of Stalingrad near the Iranian border.

The oil in this region is equivalent to the amounts found in Iraq. (Please don't some oil expert nit jump all over this and quote exact barrell production figures.)

To acquire it would have also meant depriving the Soviets of it and nearly crippling them. Hitler's goal was to push the German borders in the East to the Ural Mountains. I should have stated that the tactical withdraw should have taken place sometime in late 1942.

The Germans actually managed to conquer 9/10 of Stalingrad, so maybe when they lost back half of that they should have been out of there.

Of course, even if they had pulled back to the Dneiper the Russians would still have more industry output and manpower. But there may have been a possibilty for a peace allowing Germany to keep Poland if they inflicted enough losses with the static defense. This is the key point where all his really horrendous decisions started to occur. Up until this point is was just victory after victory with a few minor setbacks.
Old 09-05-2007, 12:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Interesting thread AC...my question is as follows: The word "genocide" was created to describe the atrocities committed against the Armenians by the Turkish Ottoman Empire during WWI. It is estimated that Turks killed over 1.5 million Armenians in the name of ethnic cleansing.

It has been frequently stated that Hitler, in part, justified the killing of the Jewish people, by stating, "After all, who remembers the Armenians?" Have you encountered this statement in your research?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, he did say this, because he realized that the victors right the history books. People don't stop to think that if Hitler had actually won the war he would be viewed as the way Americans view George Washington. He would simply be remembered as the heroic founder of the thousand year Reich.

I am Dutch/Armenian btw.
Old 09-05-2007, 12:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would be very interested in some detail on how he rose to power. I'm aware that he had thses great oratorical skills but he would have needed help from the powerbrokers of the day and how could they not have known that he was a manical physchopath. Or did he do it all himself?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hitler had the backing by many power industrialists because they knew if Hitler became President then they would be back in business. And they were right.

I don't want to go into long details about the German economy at this time because I know some Anarcho-capitalist from the Politics forum will come in here and nit it up.

But after the Treaty of Versailles (WW1 peace treaty) the French made Germany pay them large indemnities as part of a "war guilt" clause. They wanted billions of marks from Germany. So out of spite the German governemnt sought to devalue the German currency or something. I'm not sure how it all works out, but I do know that at one point in Germany people were burning their money because it was cheaper to burn the money than use it to purchase fire wood.

People were hunting cats for food. They referred to them as "roof rabits."

Under such extreme conditions a people will be willing to turn to just about anyone if they feel they could turn things around. Hitler's outstanding oratory and charisma set him apart from all the other "standard" politicians that didn't seem to be doing a damn thing.

And Hitler did turn things around when he acquired power. He reinvigorated the economy by putting everyone to work turning Germany into an armed camp.
Old 09-05-2007, 12:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont know if this was asked already, but i remember listening to the howard stern show and he said that hitler used to get on the floor and chew carpet in front of his staff when he was enraged. is this true? what other odd behavior would he do in these situations?

if this has already been answered please direct me to the post.

[/ QUOTE ]

In 1938 Hitler was making a speech about the President of Czechoslovakia and raging against him for refusing to hand over the Sudetanland to Germany. (This is the western mountainous area of Czechosolovakia and it's whole defensive backbone.)

Here is a description of the speech from The Life and Death of:

'The speech was notable for its high-pitched screaming tone, its deliberate falsifications of history, and its total ruthlessness. Never before in public had he nursed so many hates or permitted himself so many diatribes.'

'Hitler's maniacal rages were not pleasant to watch, and until this time few people had observed them. Sometimes high-placed Germans would whisper stories about Hitler hurling himself down on the floor in one of his paroxysms of anger and frustration. The Teppischfresser, or "carpetchewer," had entered mythology, but until September, 1938, few people seriously believed he was capable of such absurdities. During this speech it became plain that he was capable of anything.

So I guess you could say it's an unsubstantiated rumour. Albert Speer makes no mention of this in his book and he was as high-placed as one could be.
Old 09-05-2007, 12:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What are your thoughts on the theory that Hitler and Ludwig Wittgenstein were classmates when they were young and that this had a profound influence on him? Credible?

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't know this or who Wittengenstein was until I looked him up on Wiki. There is a picture of him with Hitler there from grade school. But I don't see what he has to do with Hitler. He describes himself as a "Communist at heart" so I doubt he and Hitler were friends.

It just seems like a case of two famous people that happened to attend grade school together.
Old 09-05-2007, 01:40 AM

Wittgenstein was also jewish and there's some speculation that he was mentioned in Mein Kampf.

Why were there so many homosexuals in the early Nazi party?