Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2007, 06:45 AM

Default 50NL - AKs 3-handed in reraised pot

The details are by head, I'm at work so don't have the HH present. Haven't played much hands against Villain. He seems decent from the hands I witnessed, but I don't have a history with him. BB is a mediocre player that calls a lot of raised pots with mediocre/weak hands in the hope of hitting big.

BB $55
LP $51
Hero $68

Hero is dealt A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] on the Button.

2 folds, LP raises to $1,75 , Hero raises to $4,25, SB folds, BB calls $3,75, LP calls $2,50. 3 players to the flop.

Flop (Pot $13)
9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

BB checks, LP checks, Hero bets $7, BB calls, LP raises to $14, Hero ??

In tournaments I jam, but I don't play cashgames that much. Is a check better on this flop with the nut flushdraw or do you guys bet this every time? What do you do after the min-raise?

I put Villain here on pp ranging from 77-JJ, of which I'm way behind against 2 of those. 22 is pretty unlikely given the preflop tightness of most players at the table. Another FD is also out of the question.
Old 09-04-2007, 08:42 AM

Default Re: 50NL - AKs 3-handed in reraised pot

I'd reraise to at least 5 pf, your raise is just a bit larger than a min raise, therefore it doesn't define villains hand much. His open-raising range could be wide from CO if he's really decent and his calling range could also be wide with good relative position and great odds.

On the flop I just call the raise no reason to go crazy in this 3 handed reraised pot, you don't have any fe imo.

btw.: why are 22 and another fd out of question?
Old 09-04-2007, 09:00 AM

I call for the odds because I don't think you have a fold equity here.
Old 09-04-2007, 10:21 AM

I would bet the flop here too against most opponents, except my bet would have been closer to pot sized.

If you think you have zero fold equity when you push, then your hand needs at least 40 % equity to make a push profitable. Against JJ,1010,99,77 you got 43,4 % equity if you rate the chance of him having each hand as equal. Add QQ or 88 to the mix and you got 45,7 % equity.
This means a push is profitable but not necessarily the most profitable choice.

Personally I think there's more profit in calling and then outplaying the opponent on turn and river. Minimize the loss if you miss and maximize if you hit. If you miss on the turn and LP pushes you'll have to fold though..
Old 09-04-2007, 10:33 AM

Just make a pot sized rr preflop. As played, I would prolly shove over the c/min raise. If I think its a good chance BB could tag along if I only call, I would at least consider it and folding unimproved on the turn...