Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2007, 01:53 AM

Default Three-handed with a maniac

Reads:
SB - complete maniac, about 85/29/2.0 over 150. Saw him trey preflop with deuces. Likes to play preflop raisers aggressively, check-raises a lot.
BB - seemingly reasonable player. He has been iso-reraising the lagtard a lot.

Postflop comments are welcome. If someone says limp preflop, I will smack you - don't even try

Full Tilt 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (13.75 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks.

River: (13.75 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 16.75 BB
Old 09-04-2007, 02:11 AM

Default Re: Three-handed with a maniac

I was totally with you untill you did that really weird turn check that I don't get at all...
Old 09-04-2007, 02:19 AM

I might not cap the flop and instead opt to raise the turn. SB is leading hands worse than yours and if BB doesn't raise you've got the best hand a large percent of the time.

As played, I'm definitely betting the turn.

River call is fine, but if you were feeling really sexy, you might be able to squeeze off a raise.
Old 09-04-2007, 02:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was totally with you untill you did that really weird turn check that I don't get at all...

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-04-2007, 02:39 AM

Hmmm ... okie, let me lay out my thinking and you point out where the flaw is.

Preflop: Obv raise, obv call. SB's trey is meh, but I did not like BB's cap at all. As I said, he does is-reraise, but he's no donkey. He's not capping just the maniac - he's also capping ME (MoFo!!!), so I gotta give him credit for a very strong hand. I put him on JJ+, AK.

Flop: Raise for value and protection first time around. SB three-bet C/R can mean just that he's got an 8 as well as draw or flopped monster. Who knows. But he didn't fold. BB bet out and he's calling 2 bets cold - I am not thinking AK anymore, I am thinking overpair. So, I cap the flop mostly for a free card play.

Turn: I get the free card that I wanted. I did not want to bet because both villains are very likely to check-raise me. SB likes doing it period. If my read is right and BB has overpair, he's likely to trey that check-raise and I will be in a bad spot. Plus, a T fills possible straights and its an overcard to my nines.

I have a good pair, I have OESD, and I don't want to get into a raising war here. Cheap showdown UI would be nice, and if river goes bet/raise, I would probably have to fold.

River: I tanked for a little thinking about a raise, and almost did. SB would be betting anything here, BB didn't raise, so he's definitely holding an overpair. At the end, that four to a straight on the board was just way too ugly for my liking and I called the river.
Old 09-04-2007, 03:12 AM

flop bet is fine

you're betting the turn because you still have a very strong pocket pair, you capped the goddamn flop, you have a gutshot, now OESD, you have position, uh...

river call is fine clowntards might have gone runner runner, but we still have a set.
Old 09-04-2007, 03:37 AM

PF? ... uh, isn't the standard thing to comment openlimps from mp [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

on the flop ... i really don't think there is a lot of value in capping - against either opponent you have value but not both combined (you likely have around 10outs against you and a possibility of shutting down TT-QQ) ... perhaps having a one card gut shot adds a little extra to your hand but not having the 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] probably makes it's value a little less too

after BB caps and calls back two (he has to put you on a solid hand) ... and probably has AK, TT-(QQ) himself

after you do cap the flop ... i don't get why you do this for a 'free card' ... if SB isn't that much of a concern, then you are giving a free card to BB (your plays looks like a flush draw; now if BB has the AorK [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] your hand looks pretty much like what it is)