Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-03-2007, 10:20 PM

Default Re: Interesting Razz hand 30-60 and RESULTS

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
-EV here, since (1) he should never call 6th without the 98 made, and (2) he should know you know this, so (3) he should not be value betting 98.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes but since I 'know' he has a 98 made why wouldn't I bet with my 97? I don't think that he would think I would be so timid I would check a 97 for fear that he improves his 98 to an 8.

Results: my opponent also bricked the river and bet and called the ck raise with a 98.

Had he bet and called the raise with an 8 I would not feel bad about this either as if I bet my 97 as suggested I'm calling the raise. I would only feel bad if my opponent would not bet a 98 for value ever or would never bluff which is not the case with most aggressive players winners and losers both.

In shorthanded games the situation where one player has been aggressive throughout and then checks the river is very common and it is usually responded to with thin value bets by the other player and usually correctly so!

For example if someone is betting all the way with K up in stud hi and checks the river he can expect his opponent to now bet the river with 9's and 3's. Or in stud/8 check a river an watch good players bet any 2 pair or 8 low. Also in hold em, raise pre and bet flop and turn if you check the river expect your opponent to certainly bet 2nd pair and maybe even any hand that can beat A hi like 33. And so from time to time I think it is good to through in a value ck raise with the hand you would normally value bet the river with. Fancy play yes but not a syndrome imo