Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2007, 06:48 PM

Default Bankroll Question

Hello, I am relatively new to poker and I have a bankroll question. I play online poker and especially like tournaments. What games should I be playing with a $50 deposit? Are single table SNG very profitable?
Thanks,
MUD
Old 09-03-2007, 06:58 PM

Default Re: Bankroll Question

It depends. I tried the $3 SNGs at Stars, but I have never been successful. I had the most success starting out with the $1 45-person SNGs with $50. Maybe if the site you're on has a lower buy-in SNG you might want to try those. It really depends on where your strengths are.
Old 09-03-2007, 07:39 PM

It really depends. If you're a losing player you need an infinite BR not to go broke. If you play breakeven or even winning poker you might go broke in a bad steak when playing $3 SNG's, but that is not necessarily a problem if you can afford depositing another $50 in this rare occurance.
Old 09-03-2007, 07:43 PM

I'm pretty new as well. I started playing the 45-man $1.10 satellites to the Sunday 100k for the $T, at Stars of course. I haven't had to dip into my real cash since. Your results may vary of course but these are pretty easy and even with some bad runs you can come out ahead.