Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2007, 03:58 PM

Default Re: A (very) belated poobah post

Gelford,

Thanks, good to be back. I will definitely be posting in here since this my stakes for a while. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] So far so good though, in a light 2 days of playing I'm up 30 dollars (playing .05/.10).

monk,

I'll see if I can come with anything worthwhile. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-03-2007, 04:58 PM

ya i have the same problem w/ poker lately...not having fun. I think this is mainly because of 2 things, I burnt myself out durnin the summer playin pretty much everday 30+ hr weeks and It has became my main source of income so now i seem more worried about the money of it all. The outcome of all this led me to less than 10k hands last month (probably only like 3k in the past 20 days lol) and tbh I still dont feel like griding. Im hoping eventually that feelin will change soon.

but good post. You would think its should really seem obvious but Im sure there are plenty of ppl that dont realize that playin when you arent havin fun is def in some way hurtin ur game.
Old 09-03-2007, 05:00 PM

Yeah its a little different case for you trying to make a living at it. But I have to think it'd be better off for your earn in the long run to take a couple days to just chill.

And it is obvious but most people (myself included until my meltdown) think they will be the exception.
Old 09-03-2007, 05:06 PM

I figured there's a definite correlation between me not enjoying playing, and being frustrated/not-good in the game, and making bad plays as a result.

Nice to see you're back in the saddle Vultures. GL

Regards Mack
Old 09-03-2007, 05:56 PM

I second this. I started to burn out about last november, but I forced myself to play anyways. I was playing terrible poker, and I decided to quit poker around January. I never planned on coming back to it, but one day last spring I just felt like playing again. Now I love it again, and I don't play if I don't feel like playing. It's such a waste of time if you're going to be playing poor poker because you don't want to play.