Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2007, 05:17 AM

Default NL100 - Interesting 5way raised pot

I play on prima and as far as I can tell, none of the standard HH converters used on here support that site soooo,
http://www.liquidpoker.net/h/263830

I hope it's acceptable!

Anyway some info:
Garan (UTG) is 48/29/1.6

Alkling is 44/13/0.6 and said he had 9s. I had no stats on him at the time tho.

Maxum is 48/13/0.77 - hasn't really done anything too strange preflop and we'd played for a fair while on different tables. Unfortunately I'm not too clear on the details, I played for waaaaay too long and was kind of out of focus by this time.

Don't know if anyone in the hand thinks anything about me, I'd been in grinder mode for a long time (saturday night, playing marginal hands vs people who randomly decide to pull big bluffs/cannot fold is not desireable imo).

Garan did move to my left tho, or at least he left the table (was 2 to my right IIRC) and then when he came back he was on my left. Not sure how long he was gone [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

1) Does anyone shove over here? If not, what about if we have QQ? AK? (I'm not sure if the better question is does anyone NOT shove over here, I've heard so many different opinions..)

2) Does anyone not squeeze here but instead look for a set and hope to get paid off big given how many others are in the pot?

If anyone wants the full HH it's here: http://www.liquidpoker.net/h/263225
Old 09-03-2007, 05:27 AM

Default Re: NL100 - Interesting 5way raised pot

I push .... These players look pretty bad. What does Maxum have that he cold calls a raise and a caller. Surely hes not just calling with QQ+. I think he most likely has a smaller pair although if he wanted to go HU with you he should have reraised more. Not really sure about what alkling has (AGAIN .. surely not QQ+) but I definitely would rather play this pot HU rather than 3 way so .. get it in.
Old 09-03-2007, 03:29 PM

Bump, cause I'd be interested in some more opinions on this.
Old 09-03-2007, 03:59 PM

No, you played fine. The guy pulling the coldcall/4bet has a hand better than JJ like never (unless you have a note on him saying he donkslowplayes Aces and Kings). 3betting pre is fine, too.