Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2007, 03:29 PM

Default Re: What\'d You Shoot Today? (Golf BBV Thread)

85. This is not a recording.
Old 09-02-2007, 06:25 PM

Played in the company golf tournament on Friday at Lyman Orchards, a highly rated 36 hole public course here in CT.

280 players.
We came in 2nd last year on the same course (Jones) with a 59, and with a little wind this year we figured that score would take it. Our group consisted of three 11 hcps, and a 25. One of our guys can hit it 350, three of us are good iron players, and the other guy is really funny.

We made the turn at -4, and hit the kegs on the 10th tee while waiting on the 3 group backup.
The swing lube did the trick as we went -4 over the next 3 holes, and -8 on the back.

We were only the 10th or so team to post, but our 60 was well ahead of any other listed. As more and more groups cam in the scores seemed to get closer. A few 62's popped up, then a 61.
With 3 group remaining, I noticed one was the winner for the last 3 years, led by a guy on my softball team. I watched as he approached, scanned the board, then drop his head. He turned in his card, saw me and flashed his 2 index fingers. -11

MHIG!!! -12 holds!!!!

Man was it awesome taking the walk through the crowd of co workers, executives and vendors to collect our prize! Bragging rights for a year!!!! Whoooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-03-2007, 11:13 AM

Local charity 4 person scramble tournament at Wilkes Barre (PA) Muni. Three of us are OK golfers (shoot low 80s) and one guy's girlfriend who can hit some decent drives but hasn't played all year.

13 birdies and one bogey (our 2nd to last hole...what a mess!!!) for a 60. None of us (who have all been on "ringer" teams) have put up a 59. We wanted that sooooooo bad!!! We figured that bogey may have cost us everything.

This was the best round one of my teams has put together. Everyone contributed when needed. A few bombs fell for us, which is always good.

Anyway, they announce first place in 3 flights and for Championship flight, on a match of cards with 61, we win. We're happy that we won, but we shot 60!?!?!?!

I go up to the guy who has the cards, and lo and behold, on #9, we made birdie 3, but the guy keeping score wrote down 4 and circled it!!! Easy to do since that hole is the 5 handicap hole, and the line on the card with handicap is right above the top line, so his brain just went "birdie", saw the 5, wrote down 4.

Lesson learned....CHECK YOUR CARDS!!! We certainly wouldn't (and shouldn't) have any recourse if we lost everything because of this mistake (or worse, if we got DQ'd for an incorrect card)!!! All in all, a really good day, though.
Old 09-03-2007, 01:03 PM

Hey all new to forums, but old to golf.
Ive been playing golf since I was 5, and played all over the us.

Yesterday I shot 73. With 2 doubles 1 trple, and no bogeys. also with an eagle on 18. wooo hooo
Old 09-03-2007, 01:39 PM

86. It wasn't good but it could have been much worse. It would have been nice to have not made those two double bogeys from the middle of the [censored] fairway, however.
Old 09-03-2007, 02:18 PM

had a nice round set up for this morning but of course my partner canceled last night w/some [censored] excuse. I'm pretty sure he's busto and couldn't pay the $50 green fee so whatever. Instead I played the local par 30 9 hole course. Started off really hot, a birdie and then a tee-shot within 2 feet of the pin on the third hole 147 yrds. My iron play has really gotten better over the past few months but my putting is still the weakest part of my game. I have to spend a few weeks learning how to consistently stroke correctly.

Hopefully next weekend me and 2p2er Slider can get out for a full round.

Still a fun morning to play, about 80 deg here in LA.

also, I notice my right hand gets really really sweaty when I play and my game suffers b/c of a weak grip in the clubs. Would gloves help this condition? Even after drying them off on my towel their still very slippery.
Old 09-03-2007, 02:28 PM

Oh if you don't use a glove its a must. Right handed player? Put a glof on your left hand and it will make a huge difference.
Old 09-03-2007, 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh if you don't use a glove its a must. Right handed player? Put a glof on your left hand and it will make a huge difference.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea but my right hand gets really sweaty, not so much my left. I'll guess I'll get a LH glove and see if it changes anything. Probably my grip will be improved nevertheless.
Old 09-03-2007, 04:28 PM

Your right hand gets sweaty, that means your left also prob. will to b/c right hand goes over left.

Belive me LH glove will be the key..
Old 09-03-2007, 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your right hand gets sweaty, that means your left also prob. will to b/c right hand goes over left.

Belive me LH glove will be the key..

[/ QUOTE ]

will buy one this week...any recommendations?