Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2007, 12:58 PM
 is offline

Default Re: Sklansky Bucks Calculator: PokerEV

I`m kind of dumb. Could somebody please explain what Bet vs Equity means ? This is over 64k hands this month
Old 08-30-2007, 05:03 AM

Default Re: Help with Analysis, does this mean i suck or have just hit a bad r

What does this "All-in in luck WITH TOTAL WINNINGS graph mean actually"?

Does this say that first ~38k hand I have been a winning player and also run good and then somehow my game has gotten worse (break-even player) and also I have been running mega bad?

In the other hand, when I put my "All-in luck graph WITHOUT TOTAL WINNING" it looks like this:

So, I understand this the way that when I am all-in before river, I am basically alway ahead (sklasky bux graph goes steadily up in this graph, not breakeven like in the first one), so I would have been a winning player all the time?

Thanks.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:49 AM

Default Re: Sklansky Bucks Calculator: PokerEV

[ QUOTE ]
I`m kind of dumb. Could somebody please explain what Bet vs Equity means ? This is over 64k hands this month

[/ QUOTE ]
The blue(bet) bar is how much money you put in on that street. The red(equity) bar is your expected earnings from that street. It tells you what portion of your money goes in where, and if you're getting in good. It's really designed to be used with the filters to find multi street leaks. For example, if you filter for "flop flush draw" and "turn flush draw", you may discover that even though you have pot odds on each street, you're putting a lot of money in on the flop/turn to chase with negative EV, without making it back when you do hit. This is a good way to spot hard to find leaks.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
It's your total winnings line (green) adjusted for all-in equity. It's what you expected to earn had you been running as expected in all-in pots.

[ QUOTE ]
Does this say that first ~38k hand I have been a winning player and also run good and then somehow my game has gotten worse (break-even player) and also I have been running mega bad?

[/ QUOTE ]
The first stretch you ran good, you've been running bad since then.

[ QUOTE ]
In the other hand, when I put my "All-in luck graph WITHOUT TOTAL WINNING" it looks like this:

So, I understand this the way that when I am all-in before river, I am basically alway ahead (sklasky bux graph goes steadily up in this graph, not breakeven like in the first one), so I would have been a winning player all the time?

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, you ran like crap in all-in pots since hand 210 or so. BTW, the distance between the lines on the two graphs should be the same if they're over the same time period (the titles are different).
Old 08-30-2007, 10:57 AM
 is offline

tks phil, so according to the graph, this was over 64k hands this month I`m getting the money in good, correct ? This was cumulative.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
It's your total winnings line (green) adjusted for all-in equity. It's what you expected to earn had you been running as expected in all-in pots.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
The first stretch you ran good, you've been running bad since then.

[ QUOTE ]

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, you ran like crap in all-in pots since hand 210 or so. BTW, the distance between the lines on the two graphs should be the same if they're over the same time period (the titles are different).

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, graphs are from different time period, the second one begins later (in the time I started to run worse).

But my real question here is, can you tell anything about if one is a winning player or a not from the first graph (all-in luck WITH TOTAL WINNINGS). I have been in a long break-even stretch and I am starting to quess if I have started to do something wrong in around 38k hands of the first graph, because between 0-38k sklansky bux goes upwards in that graph (and green line above that meaning I have been running fairly good), but after that sklansky bux have started to go break-even (and green line downwards due to huge amount of bad variance).

Here you can see what I mean:

So basically can you tell anything about player being an overall winner or not in different times from those graphs, or do they just show luck in all-in situations?

Thanks.
Old 09-01-2007, 11:44 AM

Nice Programm ! Could someone please be so kind and explain me how to use it for limit ? IŽd love to see that Sklansky/real Money graph for all hands that went to showdown.
(I am not all-in that often [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img])
Old 09-01-2007, 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But my real question here is, can you tell anything about if one is a winning player or a not from the first graph (all-in luck WITH TOTAL WINNINGS).

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, you can definitely tell from the first graph if someone is a huge loser(without looking at total winnings). You can definitely not tell if someone is winning or breaking even or a slight loser. By looking at the patterns of the graphs over a huge sample, you can easily make a good assumption how someone plays.
Old 09-03-2007, 04:47 AM

Phil, could you possibly add a tab for common cooler spots and how often you'd expect to be in those spots vs how often you actually were in those spots (and $ lost vs expected loss)?

Some examples might be:
AA v KK
KK v AA
AK v AA
AK v KK
set v set

I'm sure there are more. In particular for me this month it shows that I'm getting my money in bad a lot but a manual combing through PT shows that I've had KK v AA 6x this month and AA v KK twice (lost one lol) and set < set multiple times.

Thanks!
Old 09-03-2007, 12:34 PM

My datatabase doesn't have the (postgresSQL) after it's name in the database table
When i load i get this:
"An error occored. the message was:
Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown"

But in the top left it say, 103.447 hands imported (wich i think should be correct)

Then when i press start it say:
Error: missing data.
This usually means a database has been loaded in pokerEV while PT is importing hands. Please try loading again.

Dont know where i do it wrong, i have vista and run in admin mode, Any ideas?

I tried to add fewer hands and then it worekd, is it problems with big dbs?