Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-03-2007, 11:36 AM

Default Re: Let\'s talk about depression/attempted suicide

Before I go into part 4 or 5 or whatever it was I wanted to respond to a few things thta have been said.

The reason I don't want to take pills has nothing to do with the fact that I don't think they'll help. It's more of "If I take these pills then I'm more than likely to take other pills instead of trying to deal with it w/o em."

As far as thinking of suicide while having kids I agree it's one of the worst and most selfish things one person could even think of doing. But I assume you havn't or don't suffer from depression. At least 99% of the time I wouldn't even consider it. I'm more like "my life sucks and I can't see it getting any better" type feeling. Then I think of my kids and realize it's not something I'd do but thinking about it is ok I guess.

Sure when I'm at my lowest I think if I'm not around people with more sound minds will do better for my children. Maybe they won't have the problems I do if someone else takes care of them.

Also I'm what they call a impulse person. Each time I attempted it wasn't me thinking and planning a whole bunch. It was me being drunk and thinking F it, grabbing the pills and suck em down.

I'm not going to try to defend myself a whole bunch because I don't think it would do very good. I'm certainly not one of the "top tier respected posters" on this site. But I would imagine for the people that know me on here one of the first things they'd think of is me being mature and a loving father.

So if you will at least assume that I am and go from there.

Thanks