Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2007, 08:09 PM

Default HoH and no limit cash games

i know its not the book forum but i want to ask my question here because i think i can get the best answer here(i get to many different opinions).
i want to know is HoH v1 concepts can be fully implemented on nl cash games ? i started learning nl cash games and read HoHv1 as a first book(after GSIH). i read it just to get an idea of how to think. i want to know if i should read it and learn it in depth(chapter by chapter) to get an overall good nl cash games skills ?
should i make adjusments (which, where, how) ? should i learn in depth every chapter or there are chapters that cant realy be implemented on nl cash games so i shouldnt wast my time on mastering them (if so which) ? and so on ... i think you got my point.

thx
Old 09-03-2007, 08:17 AM

Default Re: HoH and no limit cash games

none can give me an answer ? ;\
Old 09-03-2007, 08:24 AM

Go Here
Old 09-03-2007, 09:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Go Here

[/ QUOTE ]

i didnt ask about that book ! i asked specifically on HoH v1. please dont tell me its a tournament book if you didnt read it. even ed miller reccomand it as the best cash game book in his GSIH book.
thx anyway(NLHTAP is one of the books ill read later on).
Old 09-03-2007, 09:58 AM

HoH v1 is mostly okay, but it's really geared less to 100BB stacks and more for shrinking stacks and tourney play.

GSIH recommends it cos it was the best NL book back then, but I think the Little Green Book, NLTAP, and PNL are better for you.

I think you benefit from all 4, actually. LGB is a good beginner's book in particular.
Old 09-03-2007, 10:40 AM

i got LGB, NLTAP, PNL ,HoHv1 and Largay book and i dont know which one i should learn first. as i said i already read HoHv1 but didnt realy "get" anything from it(i just read it - i didnt study it) and i dont know if i should study it now or start with some outher book ? HoHv1 look very solid for basic fundamentals - with read the table, math analyizes, hand analyze, befor the flop/post flop/fourth and fifth street strategys. im not sure if any book give that basic fundamentals like HoHv1 gives. but im also not sure if it all applicable on cash games and this is why im asking this question here. in general i want to know which book i should "study deeply" as a first book to get overall good fundamentals for nl cash games ? (i dont have any good fundamentals right now. as i said i got most basic books at home so it shouldnt be a problem to start with any book).

thx
Old 09-03-2007, 11:13 AM

The problem is the one people that can answer your quite specific questions are those that have just read that book, not those of us that read it as part of a cyclical set of references/read it way back.

All his math stuff is sound IIRR, but just bear in mind where his examples involve shortish stacks, and be aware shortstack play in tourneys us radically different from SS play in ring (where you can reload).

I'd suggest GSIH, LGB, HoH, NLTAP, and PNL in that order.
Old 09-03-2007, 11:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The problem is the one people that can answer your quite specific questions are those that have just read that book, not those of us that read it as part of a cyclical set of references/read it way back.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think anyone who read all of those books can answer me ... and as for my specific question on HoHv1, yes i need someone who know how to play cash games and read HoHv1 recently to give me specific detailes on what shouldn't i learn from HoHv1 if i want to use it in cash games.

[ QUOTE ]
All his math stuff is sound IIRR, but just bear in mind where his examples involve shortish stacks, and be aware shortstack play in tourneys us radically different from SS play in ring (where you can reload).

[/ QUOTE ]
IIRR ??
and i didnt get what your trying to say(sorry hehe), im going to play nl cash games only for now.
Old 09-03-2007, 11:26 AM

magx,

HOH is a very good beginner book. The binding on mine fell apart after a year or so because it was read often. LGB is also a great place to start.

But if I am reading your post correctly, you are looking for a "Bible" to guide you now that you are beyond the beginning stages.

I recommend NLTAP. It takes one past the mechanics and into the theory. It will help develop your thinking beyond the pure mathematics of the game.

If you are still looking for a beginner book, HOH and LGB are good places to start. DS's limit book Small Stakes can also be helpful.
Old 09-03-2007, 11:49 AM

King Spew im looking for the mechanics first... after ill fully "get it" ill move to NLTAP for theory a.
my question about HOHv1 is everything there applicable to cash games ? if not what parts shouldnt i spent time to learn or what adjusments i should make ?
and yes im kinda looking for "bible" but as i said for the mechanics part. im awar that NLTAP is the "bible" for the theoretical part.