Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2007, 03:09 AM

Default 44 flops a set...crazy action on the turn

OK, 1st post here in the limit forums. I'm enjoying playing limit so far, and have read a lot of the stickied info. Lots of good stuff there, so thanks for that.

As for this hand, Villian is unknown, this is only the 2nd orbit I've played with him. My question surrounds the river play. Should I ever raise here? I'm obviously concerned when he caps the turn, as I'm drawing to only 1 out against 555 and 777. Also, if he picked up the AQ of diamonds draw, that got there too.

But, what about 2-pair hands, will I get enough value from those had I raised on the river?

Any other thoughts on the hand overall?

PokerStars 3/6 Hold'em (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. MP posts a blind of $3.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, MP folds.

Flop: (5.33 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (4.66 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (12.66 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 14.66 BB
Old 09-03-2007, 03:19 AM

Default Re: 44 flops a set...crazy action on the turn

Perfect.
Old 09-03-2007, 03:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Perfect.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-03-2007, 03:48 AM

after he caps turn I go into call-down mode. If he didn't cap turn I would raise any non-diamond (or boat obviously)river.

BTW: many of you seems to only post hand that are played in the first orbits. Try to post some hands with stats and reads as well.