Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2007, 12:37 AM

Location: Clinging to the binomial theorem like a drunk to a lamppost
Default Re: Beat: My Life

[ QUOTE ]
I fail to understand how that makes sense?

[/ QUOTE ]

It makes no sense. My thinking is completely illogical. I acknowledge that totally. And I know the reasons for not going (too busy, etc.) are weak. I am still working myself up.
Old 09-03-2007, 12:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was paralyzed as a kid due to a rare disease, I've had girl problems like anyone else, divorced parents, have been in county jail for more then 24 hours for something i didn't do (everyone right?), have had a close friend die and I'm only 20. Everyone has problems, everyone is depressed, my [censored] no more worse then joe schmoe down the street, but I pick myself up everytime and move on with life.

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems to reflect a total lack of understanding of what makes people depressed and how they react to it.
Old 09-03-2007, 12:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I fail to understand how that makes sense?

[/ QUOTE ]

It makes no sense. My thinking is completely illogical. I acknowledge that totally. And I know the reasons for not going (too busy, etc.) are weak. I am still working myself up.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're making my brain hurt..so you know you're wrong and you know your thinking is wrong. I'm not only talk about counseling but just picking yourself up, going around people, working out, etc.

I wonder if people change based on how they grow up to almost accept being depressed and not wanting anything more? I'm going off on some theory [censored] now so I'll stop but it just interests me, like i said before no harm intended.
Old 09-03-2007, 12:54 AM

Location: Clinging to the binomial theorem like a drunk to a lamppost

I'm reluctant to reply right now, since I was hoping to go to bed around one, but here's one last one before bedtime:

Depression isn't just feeling like crap. It's a distortion of everything you see, especially when it pertains to yourself. It's just not reasonable to say, "I'll never find true love, I'll never have kids," etc., because just abut everyone who looks for love finds it. It's not reasonable to say, "It's not worth bothering with treatment." (I already have three doctors, and I take on average around 16 pills a day. So this was one of my favorites.)

I'm beginning to move through this fog. You never had to get through it, which makes me happy for you.
Old 09-03-2007, 12:55 AM

someone make a "BBV saves" poster
Old 09-03-2007, 01:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I was paralyzed as a kid due to a rare disease, I've had girl problems like anyone else, divorced parents, have been in county jail for more then 24 hours for something i didn't do (everyone right?), have had a close friend die and I'm only 20. Everyone has problems, everyone is depressed, my [censored] no more worse then joe schmoe down the street, but I pick myself up everytime and move on with life.

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems to reflect a total lack of understanding of what makes people depressed and how they react to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Splain please sir. I think different [censored] puts people in different moods. Being in jail and going through court was one of the worst times in my life. For months I didn't sleep much and was constantly amazed how the lies someone said were working in court. How they dragged the trial on longer just to make my life more hell, how I spent time in jail for lies that held no proof. It took 6 months for everything to end and they just dropped the case, I get nothing from it. I can take it to civil court but even disproving the lies wont gain me anything as they'll never pay. I got stuck with a month of little to no sleep, time in county, all for some lies. I lost hope in a good amount of people and it has lead to a lot of trust issues and I still don't trust a lot of people. If that wasn't depression I don't know what it is.

I'm really trying to understand where I differ from Quick though. I get through something like that, and I get picked up by certain things. I'll force myself to go out, I enjoy lifting to clear my head, [censored] like that to pick myself up. Why I rebound and why others stay is what I'm trying to understand. I'm not trying to say I'm better or anything like that, I'm really attempting to understand this.
Old 09-03-2007, 01:01 AM

Lurker, you're a great poster and you have a great taste in music. No way life is worth giving up this early. Obviously I've thought about it, but never really to the point where is a reasonable chance I'd do it, or at least, had a legitimate reason to do so.

I hope you get boomswitched in real life bro.

-react1oN
Old 09-03-2007, 01:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm reluctant to reply right now, since I was hoping to go to bed around one, but here's one last one before bedtime:

Depression isn't just feeling like crap. It's a distortion of everything you see, especially when it pertains to yourself. It's just not reasonable to say, "I'll never find true love, I'll never have kids," etc., because just abut everyone who looks for love finds it. It's not reasonable to say, "It's not worth bothering with treatment." (I already have three doctors, and I take on average around 16 pills a day. So this was one of my favorites.)

I'm beginning to move through this fog. You never had to get through it, which makes me happy for you.

[/ QUOTE ]
Serious question, do you smoke? I had only drank my whole life and then when my life was down in the pits I smoked weed for the first time. Don't smoke anymore unless I'm having a pretty bad day, oddly enough it keeps me from thinking about [censored]. Just a thought if you've never tried.
Old 09-03-2007, 01:39 AM

Lurker:

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. There's a strength inside you that you have just begun to realize hopefully over the last few days. Continue to lean on ANYONE who will give you an ear to bend and a shoulder to cry on. As has been said several times, your loss would be a devastating one to many people that love you more than you will ever know.

Stay strong, stay resolute, laugh when you can, communicate with others how you're feeling WHEN you're feeling...I know you don't think so now..but, my friend, this too shall pass.

BBV4Life:

Wow. All I have to say is what an impressive, amazing group of people. I am moved by the efforts of so many of you in helping this young man through what he will likely look back on as one of the profound events in his life. Be proud of yourselves.

Haters/those who kicked: Seriously, wtf is wrong with you guys? Grow up, move on, EVERYTHING isn't about you and how brilliant you are or what you do or don't know. We're all people...this young kid needed to feel loved and cared about regardless of his intent. Normal people show it, people like you want to prove they know whats' REALLY up. Go the [censored] away. Disgusting really...

Lurker..I'll leave you with this and hope you'll perhaps go to the source for a bit of - seriously - uplifting entertainment.

Remember, George: no man is a failure who has friends.

(BBV4LF friends..indeed. Well done guys)

Old 09-03-2007, 01:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Splain please sir.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Quicksilvre's last post actually summed it up really well, when he said:

[ QUOTE ]
Depression isn't just feeling like crap. It's a distortion of everything you see, especially when it pertains to yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

You've obviously had it pretty tough, but the difference is that you seem to have fought through it okay and didn't really let it get you down. It isn't possible to react to adversity that way when depressed. Being depressed is oftentimes enough in itself to create adversity for you because you feel like [censored] all the time and are completely unmotivated to do anything, or (due to that distortion) feel like there's nothing you can do.

[ QUOTE ]
I lost hope in a good amount of people and it has lead to a lot of trust issues and I still don't trust a lot of people. If that wasn't depression I don't know what it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Trust issues != depression. Again, I respect where you're coming from and the [censored] you've been through, but that isn't what makes someone depressed. A lot of what you've written about wrt your own life is about interpersonal stuff, while depression is a decidedly intrapersonal phenomenon.

[ QUOTE ]
I'll force myself to go out, I enjoy lifting to clear my head, [censored] like that to pick myself up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Depressed people can't do either of those things. They have an inability to 'pick themselves up.'