Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2007, 07:47 PM

Default Re: DISCUSS... vbet tha river...???

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think this is a rare case where a blocking bet is best -- 15-18 and fold to a push. We've got enough behind to fold to a push, and he's not often going to be pushing worse hands often. Check-calling sucks, because he's going to be taking us to value town so often or bluff us off the best hand.

Sometimes we're going to be bluffed and it'll cost us more if we block bet and fold than if we check and fold to a push -- but I think we get thin value more often.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet 18 and fold to a push? He only has 74$ to start with so we're not playing for OUR stack we're essentially playing for his stack which is only 74$

He has what ~50 behind on the river? So he'll be raising you 32 (after our 18 blocker) into an 84 pot...

Having ~33% equity. Soooo.... I think a blocking bet here commits us...and if we're commited we may as well push no?

I'm probly wrong on this but that's ok.

[/ QUOTE ]
If we bet $18 on the river we need 23% equity to call if he pushes.

I donīt see how betting any meaningful amount on the river doesnīt commit us. I canīt fold for that price considering we see absolutely horrible slowplays with worse trips or even AA from players like this.

At the same time betting is vastly superior to check/calling. I think it is close between pushing and c/folding. Obv if he bets something retarded like $8 we call. But I would push. If we check and win he probably had something he could have called with.
Old 09-02-2007, 10:30 PM

Default Re: DISCUSS... vbet tha river...???

nice discion guys. lots of good thoughts in there. not sure if we came to a conclusion on the whole bet fold or bet/call (shove). meh. i think it is close.

results were i thought about it and wasnt sure if he would call another bet with a hand like KQ or K9 and wasnt sure if i would bet fold or bet call so i checked with the intention of folding to n e reasonable bet. he checked behind and showed KQo and mhig [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]