Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2007, 08:51 PM

Default 10nl JJ Kind of lost

Don't have HUD on this cpu, but been playing with opponent here long enough. Seems like a typical loose/weak 10nl player. I haven't done much recently. Preflop doesn't rule out AA/KK but IMO unlikely.

His bet didn't strike me as noteworthy, seems weak like medium pair or desperate AK/AQ or some silly flush draw. I don't want to give a card by calling. Raise commits me... if I raise different amount I am calling shove and pushing turn if called probably.

My push here seems like a gross overbet but I don't know what else to do other than call...? Raise to $4, call push, push turn perhaps?

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.02/$0.05 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $11.07
Hero (BB): $18.70
UTG: $11.02
CO: $4.79
BTN: $2.47

Preflop: Hero is dealt J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG calls $0.05, CO calls $0.05, BTN folds, <font color="red">SB raises to $0.25</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.00</font>, 2 folds, SB calls $0.75

Flop: ($2.10) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $0.85</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $17.70</font>
Old 09-02-2007, 09:15 PM

Default Re: 10nl JJ Kind of lost

really no need to be putting it in there. The guy doesn't have AA or KK or he'd 3 bet you or push depending on how competent he was. The flop really is actually really good for you, I would just make about a 2.50 - 2.75 raise and play from there.
Old 09-02-2007, 10:52 PM

Gross shove. How can a raise commit you when you are this deep? If you raise and he shoves over you you are going to be beat a lot more then you won't be I think. I don't want to play for 200bb stacks with an overpair especially against most of these villains. I may be wrong but in my 32k hands at NL5 I lost 150 with one pair hands and I feel that has a ton to do with the fact that I was deep a lot of the time and I overplayed them.
Old 09-02-2007, 11:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Gross shove. How can a raise commit you when you are this deep? If you raise and he shoves over you you are going to be beat a lot more then you won't be I think.

[/ QUOTE ]I believe this is true if the action went a little different. Like, he checks, I bet, he raises... or this on turn--I think he has me beat quite a bit in those cases. When they throw out these less than half psb it's rarely a good hand, especially on flop after I 3bet. He wasn't the kind of player to raise with like 55/22 in this spot IMO, I'd been at table 200ish hands and he was there whole time. I thought AJ+, 88-QQ was most likely or possibly some kind of KQ flush draw type hand.

So, I was raising. Then I tried to think of an amount. But I was 4-tabling and this was high speed table, don't have bet pot key or any real software on this cpu. Didn't want to time out so I shoved... but it bothered me.
Old 09-02-2007, 11:19 PM

Stacking off here with JJ is perfectly reasonable since you got 20 bb in pf. I would probably raise to $4 and call a push, but your line is fine too. I you think he will call that is.