Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2007, 05:39 PM

Default 400NL || Taking a tricky line with QQ preflop, facing a 4bet.

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $2/$4 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $574.05
BB: $388.00
UTG: $406.00
MP: $457.95
Hero (CO): $506.50
BTN: $374.35

Reads: <font color="blue">initial raiser is Murph0511 , good multitabling tag. played with him a fair amount at 100nl/200nl...we used to get into alot of 3bet/4bet wars. he runs at like 26/22 over a big sample.

squeezer is BTN , a 26/21 over decent sample...somebody who i have played alot with at 200nl aswell.

i have only been at the table for about 30 hands, and haven't done anything special, just picked up a few small pots. Im not sure if they've noticed but over like 30 hands i was running at 13/10! (i norally run at 22/18 or 25/20 more recently).

i haven't squeezed at all, haven't 3bet at all.</font>

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">MP raises to $16.00</font>, Hero calls $16.00, <font color="red">BTN raises to $64.00</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">MP raises all-in to $457.95</font> Hero??

Since ive been playing pretty straightforward on the table so far, I'm pretty sure that murph is never worried about me when hes 4betting with junk. He is probably expecting me to 3bet him with strong hands given our history together.

I think this is a good spot for Shiv to squeeze as murph has a pretty wide range, ive almost never got a monster when i flat call with QQ. Im sure murph knows this and will 4bet with ATLEAST TT+, A6s+(im pretty sure hes open raising all suited aces, and im mnot including A5 or less as a way of saying he doesn't 4bet all the time with Axs).

Given that this is such a good spot for Shiv to squeeze should i really be worried about him having a premium hand behind me? Also ...if i call with QQ here...that must look REALLY scary to him, and he will probably fold AK, or maybe even QQ?

Obviously not 3betting preflop isn't my normal line, so i hardly ever get into spots like this. So knowing what people show up with in these spots is pretty hard since im never around to see it happen and learn from experience.
Old 09-02-2007, 05:44 PM

Default Re: 400NL || Taking a tricky line with QQ preflop, facing a 4bet.

I'd probably fold. Even if Murph0511 has AK or JJ BTN is never folding AA or KK and may even call w/ AK since your line doesn't look very strong.
Old 09-02-2007, 05:48 PM

tbh, i think if you're not snapcalling here (actually hollywood it a bit and maybe btn comes along w/ JJ), just rr pf.
Old 09-02-2007, 05:56 PM

yea i snap called here. (that was my plan before the hand even began)