Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2007, 04:19 PM

Default Re: Bad Moments in Great Films

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's not that the word carries less weight, but that some people can get away with saying it in front of someone like Jules.

[/ QUOTE ]

QT's character is the epitomy of NOT that kind of guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

QT's character knows Jules. Furthermore, Jules is the one who needs Jimmy, not the other way around.

Worse than this is the Tarantino rant about coffee.
Old 09-02-2007, 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's not that the word carries less weight, but that some people can get away with saying it in front of someone like Jules.

[/ QUOTE ]

QT's character is the epitomy of NOT that kind of guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's friends with Jules.
His wife is black.

In the context of the movie, that makes him not get the same reaction from Jules that I would if I used the same language.
Old 09-02-2007, 05:39 PM

I think Tarantino's "Like a Virgin" diatribe in Reservoir Dogs is far stupider than anything he says in Pulp Fiction.
Old 09-02-2007, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yea that bitch needs to [censored] off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhh disagree? Isn't the entire point of this movie that crazy murderer people are people too? They laugh and love too. That soft dorky sweet love scene is important because you see Butch has a soft spot, just like the foot massage or dance date scene part of the movie.
Old 09-02-2007, 05:53 PM

I think most guys I know in Tarantino's character's situation would see cause to use the term "dead [censored]." That scene has grown on me a lot since I first saw (and disliked) it.
Old 09-02-2007, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
wtf, the dead [censored] storage scene is awesome and definitely a classic. "Damn Jimmy! This some serious gourmet [censored]!"

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh huh. Tell you what. You go find a bad mother [censored] black hitman and start calling black people the N word in front of him, then come back and post your trip report.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah well Jules is Jimmy's friend... and Jimmy is incredibly pissed off. Also, Jules needed Jimmy's help.

Earlier in the movie Marsellus says to vincent "Vincent vega in the house? My [censored], get over here" or something like that. Obviously the people in the context of the movie don't use the word derogatorily.
Old 09-02-2007, 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Uh huh. Tell you what. You go find a bad mother [censored] black hitman and start calling black people the N word in front of him, then come back and post your trip report.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you even understand that part of the movie? The reason Jules didn't/couldn't say [censored] was because Jimmy was doing him a huge favor by getting them off of the road.

"You don't wanna [censored] my [censored] up? You're [censored] my [censored] up now!"

Also, Jimmy's wife was black.
Old 09-02-2007, 07:04 PM

jimmy's wife was black? wow i might be mistaken but that's definitely not how i remember it. i love that "what if" scene where bonnie comes home and catches them dragging that body around.
Old 09-02-2007, 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
jimmy's wife was black? wow i might be mistaken but that's definitely not how i remember it. i love that "what if" scene where bonnie comes home and catches them dragging that body around.

[/ QUOTE ]

She was a mildly overweight dark skinned black woman in a nurse's outfit.
Old 09-02-2007, 07:07 PM

oh, two more things..

i can understand being a bit upset at the totally fake punches being thrown by sonny, but overall that trashcan beating is an awesome scene.

and the goodfellas thing, obviously joe pesci doesn't go back in to shoot stacks again, that was just a kind of slow motion replay of the murder. i love that scene too hahah.. "make that coffee to go", then "what the [censored] are you doing, it's a joke!"

i love carbone scenes. there was that one, the whole "warm up the car" one, the one where he buys that mink for his girl, deniro is just like.. "are you stupid or what", oh and of course when spider gets shot, they cut to carbone who's shuffling his cards like old guys do at the stud table and he says "nice [censored] game".. awesome