Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 05:19 PM

Default On trying to understand Hitler

I ask all of you a question: what is more important, being a human or a scholar? To me, it is being a human. I ask this question for the obvious reason that anyone who can respect (or be in awe of) what Hitler did is clearly delusional. The idea of respecting a man, no matter how horrible an upbringing he came from, who ends up being the catalyst/cause for as much death as he was is irresponsible. You should not be allowed (near) children. To try to study him, or any other killer of any magnitude, for any reason other than to try to prevent future death, is disturbing. And while I understand that he's an interesting character to study as he is unlike anyone in history in all his habits, that is not causation in any way to study him. Humans should not study such an evil, for it is malignant to even the strongest of minds, as you begin to "understand" such a person. It's sickening. I really can't believe anyone even attempts this.

And yes, this did need it's own thread as the other one got too long.
Old 09-02-2007, 05:28 PM

Default Re: On trying to understand Hitler

[ QUOTE ]
I ask all of you a question: what is more important, being a human or a scholar? To me, it is being a human. I ask this question for the obvious reason that anyone who can respect (or be in awe of) what Hitler did is clearly delusional. The idea of respecting a man, no matter how horrible an upbringing he came from, who ends up being the catalyst/cause for as much death as he was is irresponsible. You should not be allowed (near) children. To try to study him, or any other killer of any magnitude, for any reason other than to try to prevent future death, is disturbing. And while I understand that he's an interesting character to study as he is unlike anyone in history in all his habits, that is not causation in any way to study him. Humans should not study such an evil, for it is malignant to even the strongest of minds, as you begin to "understand" such a person. It's sickening. I really can't believe anyone even attempts this.

And yes, this did need it's own thread as the other one got too long.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ignorant. End of Thread.
Old 09-02-2007, 05:35 PM

It's ok, I never liked children much anyway. They're too noisy.

Old 09-02-2007, 05:39 PM

not only are you way off base, but you shouldn't have made a new thread
Closed Thread