Seat 6: Villain ( 20,240 )
Seat 7: ( 8,210 )
Seat 8: ( 15,425 )
Seat 10: ( 9,570 )
Seat 5: ( 11,440 )
Seat 1: ( 12,055 )
Seat 4: ( 6,020 )
Seat 9: ( 28,040 )

Pre-flop: (10 players) Hero is SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+2 raises to t800</font>, 5 folds, Hero calls t600 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t1400)</font>, BB calls t400 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t2000)</font>.

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (t2400, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets t1200</font>, BB folds, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+2 raises to t2400</font>, Hero calls t1200 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t6000)</font>.

Turn: 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (t7200, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets t4800</font>, UTG+2 calls t4800 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t12000)</font>.

River: 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (t16800, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero is all-in t2210</font>, UTG+2 calls t2210 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t19010)</font>.

Results:
Final pot: t21220

Villain is very bad, shoving with 22 underpair and min-raising with air in previous hands.

I call pf because I know he will stack off with a wide range. I bet 1/2 pot on flop because I know he is calling wide and BB is very tight and very very likely to fold. I have been at this table for awhile and felt I had a good read.

I feel that villain will call a shove on the turn. Should I then have shoved?

Also, does it make any difference to the results regardless of whether I made a 2/3 PSB or shoved here?

Same card was coming either way right? I think that's a psychology question anyhow.
Old 09-02-2007, 12:55 PM

Default Re: 2 pair against really bad player

i think i just shove the turn
Old 09-02-2007, 04:30 PM

Default Re: 2 pair against really bad player

With your read on the villain, you could probably have re-raised him on the flop with some confidence that you had the best hand.

[ QUOTE ]

I feel that villain will call a shove on the turn. Should I then have shoved?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but only if you are certain he will call. If I thought I might lose him, I would actually have bet less than you did on the turn. On the turn, you are far ahead of most hands he might have.

Say you bet 3600 and he will get the rest of your stack on the river if he hits:

He's putting in 3600 to win 14210 so you're giving him implied odds of 3.95 to 1.

If he has any A hand, he is a huge underdog, needing over 10 to 1.

Even if he has a flush draw he needs over 4 to 1 to make the call profitable.

Without doing a bunch of calculations, I would estimate on average his hand would be around an 8 to 1 underdog against yours.

[ QUOTE ]

Same card was coming either way right? I think that's a psychology question anyhow.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's more of a technical question. I've read that RNG's uses mouse clicks and other things to make sure random truly means random. I'm not sure if the cards are all lined up in the deck at the start of the hand, like they are in a B&amp;M.

Anyway, it shouldn't make any difference in how you play a hand. You are supposed to bet an amount that will let an opponent make a bad call, rather than bet an amount that will cause him to make a good fold.

I get upset with myself when I make a mistake. I get upset with the pokersite when I get unlucky (not because I shoud, but because I'm human). I would much rather be upset with the pokersite than with myself. If I get unlucky, usually I am OK in few minutes. If I make a mistake, I feel like a donk for awhile. If I make a mistake at or near a Final Table, it can eat at me for hours or days. That's the psychology issue.