Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2007, 07:30 PM

Default Re: NAFTA etc no longer can hold back inflation?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Boy, that must be tough on your friend, eh?

Sounds to me like some of his difficulties in life have also had an adverse effect on you too, eh?

[/ QUOTE ]This doesn't seem to have anything to do with what I had to say. I'm saying taking away Wal-Mart would cause "despair, backwardness, poverty, and death."

[ QUOTE ]
Please expand on your experiences with despair, backwardness, poverty and death.

[/ QUOTE ]Hahaha...nice trap you've set.

Believe me, I've walked plenty of the worst alleys and mingled with lots of people you'd duck away from. There's no need to elaborate beyond that.

[/ QUOTE ]

How old are you?
Old 08-28-2007, 07:31 PM

Old 08-28-2007, 09:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My curiosity got the best of me, so I checked out some of your other posts in other threads.

Keep posting in the manner that you do and you'll have no trouble convincing people here that you actually are 14, instead of some smart-ass twenty something dork who thinks he's got it all figured out.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My curiosity got the best of me, so I checked out some of your other posts in other threads.

Keep posting in the manner that you do and you'll have no trouble convincing people here that you actually are 14, instead of some smart-ass twenty something dork who thinks he's got it all figured out.

[/ QUOTE ]
You've resorted to a personal attack in every single reponse so far.

What's the deal? Calm down and quit taking this [censored] so seriously.

If you're that moved by all of this, why not put your energy into an actual response, instead of a background check or another snide BS response?
Old 08-29-2007, 04:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No one has mentioned that Wal-Mart has begun offering many essential generic drugs at prices ranging from $4-$8 for a month's supply. I'm sure America's poor hate getting their drugs at prices that should make CVS blush in shame.

~Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

For [censored] real. Seriously, this is one of the biggest donations the Waltons could have EVER given the American people.
Old 09-01-2007, 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No one has mentioned that Wal-Mart has begun offering many essential generic drugs at prices ranging from $4-$8 for a month's supply. I'm sure America's poor hate getting their drugs at prices that should make CVS blush in shame.

~Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

For [censored] real. Seriously, this is one of the biggest donations the Waltons could have EVER given the American people.

[/ QUOTE ]

...Watch the movie. It's running on Starz right now.
Old 09-01-2007, 08:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're that moved by all of this, why not put your energy into an actual response, instead of a background check or another snide BS response?

[/ QUOTE ]

#1 - that's not accurate.

#2 - In this particular case, IMHO you deserve to have your balls toasted given what you have posted.

#3 - Maybe if you took it more seriously (i.e. did some serious fact finding before you opened your mouth) you wouldn't be so calm either.

I'll put my energy where I choose, and right now it's being put into busting your balls because you're ignorant and apparently proud of it.
Old 09-02-2007, 12:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wal Mart paid 50 million in fines for cheating employees out of hrs worked.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is wrong not to pay people for hours worked. Wal-Mart is trying to train store managers not to do this, according to said friend's father.

[/ QUOTE ]

Trying to train store managers not to do this.

What kind of immoral dick managers would do this in the first place, anyway? And what does "trying to train them not to" mean, exactly?

Here's how Wal-Mart's errant store managers should be "trained" not to do this:

"Memo: To all store managers.

It has come to our attention that some store managers have not been paying our employees for full hours worked. This practice will be stopped IMMEDIATELY. Any store managers failing to heed this memo, or failing to pay their store employees accurately for hours worked, will have their employment and managerial status with Wal-Mart terminated IMMEDIATELY.

Sincerely,

Corporate Headquarters"

End of Memo.

Training Completed.

It's really hard to believe the kind of bullcrap that goes on and it's even more amazing that "training" should be thought necessary to correct it.

Thanks for reading.
Old 09-02-2007, 12:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

#1 - that's not accurate.

#2 - In this particular case, IMHO you deserve to have your balls toasted given what you have posted.

#3 - Maybe if you took it more seriously (i.e. did some serious fact finding before you opened your mouth) you wouldn't be so calm either.

I'll put my energy where I choose, and right now it's being put into busting your balls because you're ignorant and apparently proud of it.

[/ QUOTE ]
#1 - Right. All of your responses TO ME were personal attacks. My bad.

#2 - Then do so with facts. If I'm wrong, tell me where.

#3 - I beg you to relate the Earth-shattering fact that multiple classes on development economics and industrial geography didn't teach me. I know the problem well, and this is the best solution. Your role in society apparently is to be non-commital and point fingers at people. Why aren't you willing to make a non-personal statement as strong as any of the personal statments you've made? If you have some capacity, in this thread, to change the minds of others, why did you waste this opportunity by using it to cut "some smart-ass twenty something dork who thinks he's got it all figured out" down to size?

I think something about the fact that I know someone whose father is a former Wal-Mart exec really bugs you. I think that, as a result, you have made character judgements about me that are woefully inaccurate.

Here's a goal for your next reply (if you offer one):

No insults. Just facts.

[ QUOTE ]
It's really hard to believe the kind of bullcrap that goes on and it's even more amazing that "training" should be thought necessary to correct it.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree many facets of Wal-Mart are riddled with incompetence, and underpaying workers from agreed upon wage rates should never be an issue with any company. I don't own the damn company, and if I did I would most likely address this issue as you described. The total amount of money they could ever hope to save by gyping workers like this is only probably $50m/yr at very most, and the cost of a large scandal would be much much higher. There is no reason to engage in illegal practices to boost your profits by a fraction of a percent. It makes me cringe to hear about some of the bumbling, moronic crap Wal-Mart does.

But when it comes to distributing goods as efficiently as possible, nobody beats Wal-Mart. That's the real issue here.
Old 09-02-2007, 01:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wal Mart paid 50 million in fines for cheating employees out of hrs worked.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is wrong not to pay people for hours worked. Wal-Mart is trying to train store managers not to do this, according to said friend's father.

[/ QUOTE ]

Trying to train store managers not to do this.

What kind of immoral dick managers would do this in the first place, anyway? And what does "trying to train them not to" mean, exactly?

Here's how Wal-Mart's errant store managers should be "trained" not to do this:

"Memo: To all store managers.

It has come to our attention that some store managers have not been paying our employees for full hours worked. This practice will be stopped IMMEDIATELY. Any store managers failing to heed this memo, or failing to pay their store employees accurately for hours worked, will have their employment and managerial status with Wal-Mart terminated IMMEDIATELY.

Sincerely,

Corporate Headquarters"

End of Memo.

Training Completed.

Thanks for reading.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately it is common practice in much of retail, JK. Store managers are paid a lot of money, and their jobs depend on performance vs their peers. If one store manager ekes out an extra .25% profit in a low margin business by unpaid OT then all other store managers are at risk.