Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2007, 06:48 PM

Default Stud hi shorthand tourney

I was recently down to five player at a stud tourney for the last table, and realized i had never been here before. I came in fourth, with a hand i can't seem o put to rest, but what I hoping to get in some general guilines and philosophy of a stud tourney end game. I've played no limit hold em tourneys, and at the end try a lof bluffing to steal pots, but in difference to stud the bluff is far more powerful and the money for the blind stay the same while ante dead money is less for less players. Is this a situation to want to be aggressive, passive? While there are millions of hold em tourney books not much for stud. I'm reading sklansky for advanced tourney but wanted some stud answers, thanks.
Old 09-01-2007, 10:49 PM

Default Re: Stud hi shorthand tourney

Whether you play aggressive or passive at the end of a stud tourney depends heavily on the actions of your opponents. Online the low buy-in tourneys are filled with people aiming for first. These players often play very aggressive with minimal holdings. As such folding can be very good for your bankroll. Against players who bet only when they have 2 pair or better, you can take weaker draws because they wont punish you. As long as you have more than 4 BB left, you can be fairly selective.