Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2007, 06:27 AM

Default Re: QQ - too aggressive?

Also to add in my experience 70/0 types generally love to cold call AA/AK PF as well, so I wouldn't discount those hands.
Old 09-01-2007, 06:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ur stats on villain states he has never raised PF, why would u think he'd go mental PF?

[/ QUOTE ]

well the only pf raise i've ever seen him make was Q9s!
Old 09-01-2007, 06:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not a fan at all of ur flop bet line here

[/ QUOTE ]

HU I think it's ok, but looking at it now I don't think it achieves anything for me.

[/ QUOTE ]
but ur not HU! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-01-2007, 06:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
well the only pf raise i've ever seen him make was Q9s!

[/ QUOTE ]
k, this is the last post im making tonight, my head is spinning!! lol

ur stats show his PF aggression as 0. Therefore u have either got the stats incorrect or the Q9s hand happened after this one.

(this is of course when u say 'villain' u are referring to 'villain' in ur OP)

(but if u r saying 'villain' & u r referring to utg+1, then i see what u mean however after 14 hands u prolly shouldn't assume to much yet.)
Old 09-01-2007, 06:32 AM

lost the plot now. thanks for the feeback. am aware flop play sucks now.
Old 09-01-2007, 08:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Am thinking reraise is iso raise and know UTG+1 can be bullied about.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would re-raise pf. This is mainly for value and to reduce the odds for remaining players and hopefully fold some of them.

[ QUOTE ]

board coordinated and I'm likely behind one or two of these guys. so why lead out betting? UTG+1 pf raise range has been Q9o before so expecting my bet to be called, plus want to build pot. I am also planning to c/f turn UI if raised.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do u want to build a pot if u think u are behind? Agaisnt four opps we are in trouble when an OC flops. What's your thinking behind the bet/call, c/f line? If we call the flop with the intention to fold turn UI that means that we are drawing to two outs which we don't have the odds to do. I like a lot more to check and re-evaluate. If it's two back we can just lay it down without wasting a bet.

[ QUOTE ]

I think I'm way behind one of these who are likely to have drawn a straight(JT). KQ is probably hanging around but it's not worth calling down this multiway pot is it?? call and fold river UI?

[/ QUOTE ]

There are many hands BB can have that u beat like: KQ,99,33,AA. I'm calling flop and checking river. If it's one back I would always call. If it's two back then we have a decission to make.
Old 09-01-2007, 10:55 AM

Your preflop/flop lines to me look like you thought you'd be tricky and slowplayed your QQ preflop, saw the overcard flop and decided you had to try to find some other way to win the pot other than having the best hand.

You probably have the best hand preflop, so you should cap for value. Also, if you cap preflop, this hand is easier to play, and if UTG+1 can be bullied about, you might be able to do it here. If he has a pocket pair, he'd make a mistake folding it preflop, but still might do it.

As played, I'd check the flop and see what's up. Depending on who bets, I might check/raise, or I might check/fold.

Then on the turn, I still think you might have the best hand. BB has something big, but if that something is 99/33, you're ahead. I definitely call the raise as you have odds to fill up if behind as long as no one has KK. Then on the river, I want to showdown since again, you might be ahead. If it's more than one bet to get that far, then I'll make a decision.
Old 09-01-2007, 12:47 PM

Keep pumping the pot on the turn. There is a much better chance of being on the winning end of set-over-set than the losing side. Plus, you beat all sorts of two pair hands that might give you too much action. JT is a concern, but I'm not ready to slow down with two players padding the pot for me when it happens. That's just too much overlay especially with a 10-out redraw (which, given the action, is probably more like an 8-out redraw).