Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2007, 12:02 PM

Default 25NL: 33 semibluff/call all-in

Villain was 22/22 ish after about 40 hands. He seemed solid, and I hadn't seen him get out of line or do anything stupid. I'd imagine he had a similar impression of me.

I am getting just short of 2-1 on the call.

The situation is quite similar to that in this thread of corsakh's, except it's multi-way, and to Hand 2 in AJ's odds quiz, except the odds are significantly worse. Which factors may make this somewhat retarded, idk.

Anyway, any comments welcome.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($25)
UTG ($62.80)
Button ($32.65)
Hero ($62.20)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.25, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $1</font>, Hero calls $0.90, BB calls $0.75, UTG calls $0.75.

Flop: ($4) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $3</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $8.25</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $31.65</font>, Hero calls $23.40.

Final Pot: $67.30
Old 09-01-2007, 12:35 PM

Default Re: 25NL: 33 semibluff/call all-in

I think its a pretty marginal call. Excluding sets from his range and working with 88+,AdKd then you are slightly better than 2-1 (37/63). The probably I see if that you've check raised into three players including villain. If he is a solid player or 2p2 then he will realise that you have made an extremely strong play but yet he has still shoved in on you which leads me to the conclusion that he is even stronger. As for the call itself I think you could put realistic ranges in poker stove that you are about priced in to call against and some where you are pretty crushed. It looks like villain put you on the exact hand you had, definitely some sort of draw, he will show up with JJhere quite a lot with those stats. Embrace the variance op.
Old 09-01-2007, 12:35 PM

Default Re: 25NL: 33 semibluff/call all-in

i think you need to decide whether or not you can make that call before you c/r, because if you can't, you're really wasting a pretty decent hand. i'm not much of a cr guy, but if i'm going to do it, its either going to be with total ass, or something that i'm willing to get all my money in with. otherwise, i'm just going to bet or c/c.