Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2007, 08:11 AM

Default Questions: Rakeback, Best Poker Site etc..

Can anyone give me a quick rundown as to how to qualify for rakeback and can anyone provide me with a list of poker sites that allow it. What third party do I need to use to get rakeback? (I am in the USA).

As for the poker sites, which sites are the most trustworthy and reliable about payments etc.? I currently play at Stars and FTP, but heard Stars doesn't allow rakeback. I also do not want to join a site that is a fly-by-night operation and end up losing my roll when they shut down.

If we aren't allowed to "advertise" sites in here, then feel free to PM me.

Thanks.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:34 AM

Default Re: Questions: Rakeback, Best Poker Site etc..

[ QUOTE ]
Can anyone give me a quick rundown as to how to qualify for rakeback and can anyone provide me with a list of poker sites that allow it.

[/ QUOTE ]

FTP, Ultimate Bet, Absolute (and skins - Big Chip, Vegas Poker), and Bogdog. There may be some others.

[ QUOTE ]
What third party do I need to use to get rakeback? (I am in the USA).

[/ QUOTE ]

You have to sign up with the site through a rakeback affiliate. This may involve the affiliate creating the account or you entering the referral code of the affiliate upon sign up. I use raketracker.com but there are many other reputable affiliates.

[ QUOTE ]
As for the poker sites, which sites are the most trustworthy and reliable about payments etc.? I currently play at Stars and FTP, but heard Stars doesn't allow rakeback. I also do not want to join a site that is a fly-by-night operation and end up losing my roll when they shut down.

[/ QUOTE ]

I trust all of the sites I listed, but people have probably had the most problems with cashouts from UB. I've cashed out numerous times from UB and the only problem I've had is having to wait too long (4 days) for a cashout to be processed. It is quite possible that they have gotten their stuff together since this incident. They are owned by the same company as Absolute and Absolute is very good about cashouts.

Lucky
Old 08-30-2007, 12:15 PM

Thanks guys.

I just downloaded and tried Ultimate Bet and I hate the software. I cannot stand those sites that do not allow you to maximize your poker table to full screen. With UB, Pacific, and Bodog, you have to look at this tiny little table and it strains my eyes. Why these software developers cannot figure out to allow the user to maximize to a full screen view is beyond me. I suppose I will stick with Stars and FTP since they both allow table size customization.
Old 08-30-2007, 02:47 PM

Hi.
Just want to tell you that IF you´re still interested in rakeback, you MUST create your account via a third party. No pokerroom gives rakeback to accounts allready in use.

I think you should allways sign up with rakeback when trying out a new site, just in case you like it when playing for your sign-up bonus.

Just my 2 cents....

// M
Old 08-31-2007, 10:03 PM

If a poker room's table windows are too small/hard to see, try lowering your screen resolution. In Windows, right-click the desktop and select Properties. Then change the resolution to a lower setting such as 800x600 or even 640x480.

Also, RakeTheRake is another quality rakeback affiliate.