Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2006, 05:09 PM

Default Re: Party connection issue

You can create a batch file to automatically set PartyPoker in high priority mode, assuming you have XP or similar. Open notepad and put this line in it:

start "" /high C:\Progra~1\PartyGaming\PartyGaming.exe -P=PartyPoker

and name it something like "party.bat" including the quotes, make sure you have the .bat extension. If you have PartyPoker installed in another spot, change the path to match it. Now when you use that batch file Party will open in High priority mode. Some dll files will be created where you store it in.
Old 03-10-2006, 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, it is CPU-related. Click Ctrl+Alt+delete. Go into processes, then rightclick on Partygaming.exe and set priority higher than normal. You have to do it each time after starting the client.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG THANK YOU!

This seems to have worked for me. Finally, Party is running like a smooth-oiled machine....

Adam

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm ... spoke a little too soon.

Still having tables (independently) freeze on me.

Adam
Old 03-10-2006, 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, it is CPU-related. Click Ctrl+Alt+delete. Go into processes, then rightclick on Partygaming.exe and set priority higher than normal. You have to do it each time after starting the client.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG THANK YOU!

This seems to have worked for me. Finally, Party is running like a smooth-oiled machine....

Adam

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm ... spoke a little too soon.

Still having tables (independently) freeze on me.

Adam

[/ QUOTE ]
Try doing what Party support told me to do, and let me know how it works? I 6-tabled for only an hour or so earlier today after trying it, and there weren't any problems.
Old 03-10-2006, 07:20 PM

Ya know, I think maybe I accidentally solved this a couple weeks ago.

Shortly after the big update, I had a rash of tables timing out like the OP described, and also a recurring problem with missing buttons.

Party's answer to a lot of posters was to clear the browser cache and cookie files. That seemed odd, what would those things have to do with running PP?

Around the same time as the update, the big cheating scandals broke, there were posts by several people who had had their accounts hacked, and a debate raged about Party's new and improved aggressive snooping methods.

I went on a binge of studying up on computer privacy and security. One thing I learned is that corrupt cookie files can cause all sorts of computer problems. I also learned that Party looks through your browser history and cookies to see if you have been visiting the websites of banned software.

Now, I did look at some of those banned sites while all the crap was going on, not to cheat, but to see if I could figure out how to protect myself from the cheats. Fearing I might be banned just because I had visited those websites, I installed CCleaner, a utility that empties the browser cache and history and removes cookies.

Looking back, I now realize that I haven't had the timing out or missing buttons problem ever since I made CCleaner a standard part of my computer maintenance.

Piecing it all together, I speculate that when PP is snooping through your browser history and cookie files, it is managing to corrupt some of them and that causes the problems ... maybe.
Old 03-20-2006, 09:56 PM

Anyone still having the above noted problem?

Anyone figure out how to fix it?

I am still having tables spontaneously "lose connection" during play. (However, 3 out of 4 will continue to play fine during the same time [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]).

I have tried EVERYTHING suggested by you guys and by Party:

- I've tried bumping up PartyGaming.exe's priority
- I've tried clearling my internet history/cache/cookies
- I've installed and ran CCleaner
- I've installed and ran anti-spyware
- I've tried running Party just by itself (i.e. without PokerTracker or Playerview).
- I've tried adjusting my computer's "Hardware Acceleration" down to "none."

Nothing has worked.

HELP PLEASE!!!?!?!!

Adam
Old 03-21-2006, 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone still having the above noted problem?

Anyone figure out how to fix it?

I am still having tables spontaneously "lose connection" during play. (However, 3 out of 4 will continue to play fine during the same time [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]).

I have tried EVERYTHING suggested by you guys and by Party:

- I've tried bumping up PartyGaming.exe's priority
- I've tried clearling my internet history/cache/cookies
- I've installed and ran CCleaner
- I've installed and ran anti-spyware
- I've tried running Party just by itself (i.e. without PokerTracker or Playerview).
- I've tried adjusting my computer's "Hardware Acceleration" down to "none."

Nothing has worked.

HELP PLEASE!!!?!?!!

Adam

[/ QUOTE ]

One thing I haven't tried is uninstalling/reinstalling Party software. (However, I'm not sure how that could possibly help).

Anyone know about this? More importantly, anyone know if there are still problems UNinstalling Party? (i.e. with image deletions, etc)

Adam
Old 03-21-2006, 03:02 PM

Adam,
This has been the problem I have been having, and when I call to talk to someone in Bombay they tell me to get DSL. Of course I try to describe to them that not everyone in America lives within city limits.. Anyways, I'll try some of the above methods tonight when I get home and see if it helps. I unistalled & reinstalled 3 times, and that does nothing. I can't even open tourney lobbies to play free rolls.

But I do have one simple fix that has worked well for me since the last 2 weeks when this problem started (after the smaller update) I switched to Poker Stars and have no such issues now...and loving it might I add, finally they forced me to their competition. I got tired of all the form letters they sent back to me, and the hour wait for an Indian that doesnt know that a set beats two pair. Running one hell of a business over there at PP, lol.
Old 03-21-2006, 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Adam,
This has been the problem I have been having, and when I call to talk to someone in Bombay they tell me to get DSL. Of course I try to describe to them that not everyone in America lives within city limits.. Anyways, I'll try some of the above methods tonight when I get home and see if it helps. I unistalled & reinstalled 3 times, and that does nothing. I can't even open tourney lobbies to play free rolls.

But I do have one simple fix that has worked well for me since the last 2 weeks when this problem started (after the smaller update) I switched to Poker Stars and have no such issues now...and loving it might I add, finally they forced me to their competition. I got tired of all the form letters they sent back to me, and the hour wait for an Indian that doesnt know that a set beats two pair. Running one hell of a business over there at PP, lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

I *am* using DSL. And I'm sure my computuer is strong enough to handle Party's software (only 1 year old Dell Inspiron 6000 ... I forget the specific hardware specs).

A fellow poster wrote me this:

[ QUOTE ]
I have discovered that Party is sending several .tmp files to C:\Documents and Settings\me\Local Settings\Temp while I'm trying to play. Some of those files are 3MB and they cause my dial-up connection to time out. They don't send those files when I first log on, they send them when I take a seat, when I change tables during a tournament, when I open a new table, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't know if anyone knows how to help this?

Adam