Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2007, 04:22 AM

Default Re: Pokerstars Theme (free]

every time i see that "Q" i go on life-tilt.. i really hate that font.. and that mod is too bright, the card backs are ugly and the green name/chip count boxes are ugly.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:43 AM

Here's my attempt at card mods, still some tweaking to do, like making the card ranks a little more centered.(hope you don't mind me posting it here Everlong)

Is there a way to make the fonts and cards bigger when table are sized down?
How did you get rid of the circles next to the names, you started to mod from the simplified themes or you made them yourself by deleting the files that are making the circles (i have seen this technique in another thread)?
Old 08-31-2007, 12:00 PM

not at all. those look great. fozzy look out [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] but wtf are you using a default theme [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-31-2007, 01:19 PM

sry didnt answer your question; I went from the no images theme. I am really not very good at this technical stuff. I just wing it til it works.
Old 08-31-2007, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
not at all. those look great. fozzy look out [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] but wtf are you using a default theme [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt I need to look out. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Those are my cards, and BarNuthin's font. He didn't "make" one bit of that card mod himself. He is using the font from BarNuthins PhattySimilar deck (without giving proper credit), and he ported one of my card faces (thanks for the credit [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]).

The problem isnt the pips being not centered, the issue is the font not being centered for those card faces. BarNuthin makes oversized cards/font. The deck of his you took the fonts from, didnt have pips on the face. BarNuthin di'dnt have to worry about centering the big text. The font has to be repositioned (and masked), for all 7 of the text sizes.

Next time at least have the decency to say who made all the original images, that you were able to Port.

************************************************** ************************************************** ******

Here is a complete deck.

This will be my donation of one free deck, until I can learn how to make my own text for the decks. Once I make my own set of text the way I like, I will re-post the deck.

I stole the font (Advertiser Gothic) from BarNuthin's Phatty Similar deck. I had to resize for the "0" size, but otherwise the text was all made by BarNuthin of PSThemes.com.

Thank you to BarNuthin for all of your help and assistance. And of course for all the great PStars mod's.

The card faces are my 5.4-DFG.

5.4-DFG-Simple.zip

Old 08-31-2007, 02:40 PM

I don't know what you do for a living (prolly flipping burgers or some such [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ) fozzy, but something, i don't know what, probably just a gut feeling tells me you should perhaps consider taking a peak at a career in graphic design.
Old 08-31-2007, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here's my attempt at card mods, still some tweaking to do, like making the card ranks a little more centered.(hope you don't mind me posting it here Everlong)

Is there a way to make the fonts and cards bigger when table are sized down?
How did you get rid of the circles next to the names, you started to mod from the simplified themes or you made them yourself by deleting the files that are making the circles (i have seen this technique in another thread)?

[/ QUOTE ]

if you're going to design a card deck, at least try to come up with one that isn't already made by someone else [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Old 08-31-2007, 03:18 PM

Styleeeeeeeeee. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-31-2007, 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I doubt I need to look out. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Those are my cards, and BarNuthin's font. He didn't "make" one bit of that card mod himself. He is using the font from BarNuthins PhattySimilar deck (without giving proper credit), and he ported one of my card faces (thanks for the credit [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]).

The problem isnt the pips being not centered, the issue is the font not being centered for those card faces. BarNuthin makes oversized cards/font. The deck of his you took the fonts from, didnt have pips on the face. BarNuthin di'dnt have to worry about centering the big text. The font has to be repositioned (and masked), for all 7 of the text sizes.

Next time at least have the decency to say who made all the original images, that you were able to Port.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure the fonts comes from the BarNuthing Phattysimilar deck and the original design was taken from a deck i found on a wiki about FT card mods, using the pips someone shared over these forum, i didn't create them for sure but port them (can't remember who it was sorry, that was saying feel free to use them...)
So all my apologies.

On a side note you are taking this a tad too seriously, i didn't have the intention to sell those or anything, i made them solely for personnal use so no need to be aggressive.
I will contact a mod of the section to have my post removed so you won't have the feeling that i'm trying to steal both of you.
Old 08-31-2007, 06:13 PM

LOL

Now you are the one over-reacting.

You dont need to remove your post. You dont even need to say who's images you are using/copying if you cant remember. Just at least mention that you are borrowing others previous work/images. It just came across as a bit dis-respectful. I was trying to make light of the fact, that they looked almost exactly like my cards.