Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2007, 10:56 AM

Default NL25 - JJ facing action on a paired flop

I have been very laggy recently and shown down some mediocre hands (in small pots, of course [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )
Villain has been tight preflop.

What range would you have him on after his flop raise? What do you think of my line on the flop?

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($25.50)
SB ($67.30)
BB ($4.75)
UTG ($27.55)
UTG+1 ($13.65)
MP1 ($12.35)
Hero ($27.10)
MP3 ($13.45)
CO ($23.60)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. UTG posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.85</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls $0.85, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Flop: ($2.05) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $5.05</font>, Hero calls $4.05.

Turn: ($12.15) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $12.15</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $21.2 (All-In)</font>, CO calls $5.55 (All-In).

River: ($47.55) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $47.55
Old 08-31-2007, 11:07 AM

Default Re: NL25 - JJ facing action on a paired flop

Well, I guess you're hoping he has 9's or T's. It would help alot if we had reads on the CO. Against a normal 25NL, I don't know if I feel comfortable getting all in here.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, I guess you're hoping he has 9's or T's. It would help alot if we had reads on the CO. Against a normal 25NL, I don't know if I feel comfortable getting all in here.

[/ QUOTE ] I don't have much of a read beyond "tight preflop". I had been at the table for an hour or so and he hadn't played many pots, none against me (I was multitabling, so I hadn't been focusing on the pots I wasn't involved in). I had been raising a lot preflop, so my small bet on the flop was trying to induce a raise.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:31 AM

His 5 x's raise is very unusual. W/ this flop it looks like either a monster (7's, an 8) or a bluff. AA or KK, I suppose, is a possibility. Quite a dangerous bluff. Would someone really semi-bluff that high w/ an inside str8 draw on a paired board? I'm surprised, given that you have no solid reads, that you would call. I know you said you wanted to induce a bluff-raise, but the raise you've "induced" is too big, especially because you have no way of knowing that it actually is a bluff. I'd have to assign this raise the regular 10 percent chance of a bluff and fold.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
His 5 x's raise is very unusual. W/ this flop it looks like either a monster (7's, an 8) or a bluff. AA or KK, I suppose, is a possibility. Quite a dangerous bluff. Would someone really semi-bluff that high w/ an inside str8 draw on a paired board? I'm surprised, given that you have no solid reads, that you would call. I know you said you wanted to induce a bluff-raise, but the raise you've "induced" is too big, especially because you have no way of knowing that it actually is a bluff. I'd have to assign this raise the regular 10 percent chance of a bluff and fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? His raise on the flop is a pot sized raise. Not sure what you mean by 5x???
Old 08-31-2007, 12:37 PM

Your line doesn't make too much sense to me. If you're going to take the hand all the way, I like a 3b flop much better than a turn crai. If you have a solid read he'll bluff his chips off against you with overs/midpp, then maybe.
Old 08-31-2007, 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your line doesn't make too much sense to me. If you're going to take the hand all the way, I like a 3b flop much better than a turn crai. If you have a solid read he'll bluff his chips off against you with overs/midpp, then maybe.

[/ QUOTE ] If I 3 bet the flop, I am basically announcing a big pair to him. This will let hands like 99-TT away cheaply. My idea is to represent weakness on the flop - so that he thinks a turn bet will take it down.