Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2007, 04:34 AM

Default Re: august goals thread

[ QUOTE ]
- dont tilt (and take a break after dropping 50BB in one session)
- play 25k hands
- only play 2-4 or 3-6 if the games are good
- read at least 3 poker books
- win 4 digit money

goals in life:
- win 4 digit money at poker... because if you win life is good

[/ QUOTE ]

ok,
so I achieved my goal in life. actually life was [censored] awesome this month (and I bought a nice kitchen to finish moving into my condo)

poker:
- played 35k hands (like 15k of 2/4, 9k of 3/6 and 11k of 1/2)
- lost lil at 3/6, killed the other games
- read a lil NL (stox book still to be finished and mathematics is waiting for me)
- 4 digit achieved
- tilt only twice this month (only one day with -200BB the other tilt day I finished even due to the fact that I killed 2/4)
Old 08-31-2007, 04:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
FT in Stars million.
Win about 8k on 10/20 because my BR now is 150BB and Im not going down in levels.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stars million: got my money in preflop QQ v A8 and was out on the bubble.

Tilted a lot. Took a shot at 50/100 that went bad and had 2-3 tilting sessions. Bankroll is at 210 BB and I'm not going down in levels.
Old 09-01-2007, 12:10 AM

So, I'm officially ending my august. Mixed bag of results.

[ QUOTE ]
Play good

[/ QUOTE ]
umm, depends how you think about it. HUHU was horrible for me. I also encountered a strange form of tilt during one 5/10 session. I played against this dude who was incredibly weak-tight; like 30%wtd or something. (does that stat matter HUHU btw? I guess it implies that I was also weak-tight). Anyway he seemed really weak-tight, but I was not able to beat him over a few hundred hands, got a little frustrated. I ended up "tilting" vs him by playing like a complete maniac for the next 100 hands or so, basically never laying off the raise button, and dropping around 100BB over the whole session. I found it strange because I basically didn't care that I was donking off that many BBs. I was really completely aware of my poor play and kind of curious how it would perform vs this particular player. Anyway, I felt like he adjusted well against my spontaneously erractic play.

[ QUOTE ]
Get new setup with dual monitors

[/ QUOTE ]
check. new PC. Dell 30" 3007WFP and Dell 20" 2007FP. Intel quad core, Gigabyte 8800GTS w/ 768MB RAM, 2GB DDR2, 75GB 10,000rpm Raptor HD... basically about the second best or best of every component available with a couple exceptions, as of 2weeks ago. cost, ~$3200. Well worth it imo

[ QUOTE ]
Get caught up watching stox videos

[/ QUOTE ]
um not quite yet, troubleshooting some issues with support right now... stupid vista (i really dig some features tho)
[ QUOTE ]
get a cardplayer and dueces cracked account

[/ QUOTE ]
not yet, maybe in september
[ QUOTE ]
Continue taking shots at 15-30 and 30-60

[/ QUOTE ]
check. Maybe more than shots. somewhat signifcant amount of play. Next month more grinding multitable at 10/20
[ QUOTE ]
live well

[/ QUOTE ]
sure, about as well as can be expected

Results of my efforts: (Graphs do not include NL or HUHU play because I consider that just practicing new games)

And....My first 50/100 session, isn't it pretty?

Old 09-04-2007, 01:58 AM

- play 15k hands of 5/10 6max played 11K, nope

- play 5k hands of HUHU played 3.8k, nope

- play 5k hands of NL50 (vomit) played 2.5k, nope

- have a winning month at 5/10 (I know this sounds silly to you guys that are crushing out there but I have hit a wall since I moved up and am really working hard to beat 5/10) had a solid winning month at 5/10 6max, so a big YES!

- practice improved game selection definitely was much better than past, but started to slack off in the final third of the month

- don't keep trying to beat a good player HUHU just because they are holding the deck over you and you get pissed off. Get up and try a different table. um I'd like to say I did this, but really only did it about 80% of the time. still sat and got run over by some good lags while running bad. may just need to give up HUHU all together