Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2007, 05:24 PM

Default Re: WSOP on ESPN thread (8/28 - Day 1C and Day 1D)

No love for Norman Chad getting hit in the nuts with a frisbee?
Old 08-30-2007, 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
btw how hilarious was Billy Gazes???

omg, i was like ZOMG PWNED!

first there was some commentary about practice with some actual kicker... 2 seconds later he "kicked" the ball and it looked like a damn giraffe breakin his legs!
and t add insult to injury this really cool girl threw the ball in his face!

PRICELESS!

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't expecting such a laugh out loud moment right after he fell over from kicking the ball so it has become my all time "Nuts" favorite right after Doyle's "Milk and Cookies" comment.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think getting hit by the intern was the topper.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No love for Norman Chad getting hit in the nuts with a frisbee?

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh. Staged, and it didn't even hit him that hard.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:10 PM

Norman: Do we have a sammy farha effect?
Lon: We all walk around with unlit cigarettes maybe.

That was humorous. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 08-30-2007, 11:56 PM

Gold looks pretty rough for the defending WSOP champion. He's aged terribly, not to mention the fact that it looked like he hadn't had a shower in weeks. I'm going to go ahead and start the Jamie Gold blow rumors right.... now.
Old 08-31-2007, 12:09 AM

The thing that shocked me most was T.J. Cloutier's all-in with a pair of 6s. Was that mid-pair or bottom pair?

I couldn't believe it because I have his video game, World Class Poker, and there's a quiz section in that where almost all the 'right' answers (that he explains in video) are weak-tight to a huge degree.

Another thing I was surprised at was that Matusow couldn't knock the Peanut over...seriously, he's wearing that ginormous peanut costume, how good could his balance be? [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Actually kinda reminded me of Giant Mathias Kiwanuka's quitting on the Vince Young sack attempt (which was a huge blow to my Giants' season).
[ QUOTE ]
-Moneymaker always looks taxed. If you're not having fun just give it up bro. Then he plays that chase-em-down style *gags*

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, he really looks he doesn't enjoy this at all.
[ QUOTE ]
-WTF ESPN?? We need the lead-up action on that Ferguson/Varkonyi hand. His call w/ the JJ made abosolutely NO sense, especially vs. a fellow nit opponent. Something else had to have happend there.

[/ QUOTE ]
Totally agree, Ferguson's move made no sense there. Could he really have been suckered by Varkonyi's all-in that bad?

I see someone else note that the pot was actually 15K...but that still a big stretch. Ferguson not quite getting 2:1 there. Calling with Js is maybe justifiable I guess, but unexpected.
[ QUOTE ]
anyone annoyed by seeing hachem hugging danneman??? i thought of this as camera time...complete camera mugging. who cares? they didnt play an epic heads up battle and nobody really even cares about danneman

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh come one now...someone can't be friendly without being accused of camera mugging??
Old 08-31-2007, 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Another thing I was surprised at was that Matusow couldn't knock the Peanut over...seriously, he's wearing that ginormous peanut costume, how good could his balance be? [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure that even in that coked/meth'd up brain of his the thought of being sued and having to face the ignominy of then publicly admitting to be in such huge debt made him pull that tackle.
Old 08-31-2007, 05:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
anyone annoyed by seeing hachem hugging danneman??? i thought of this as camera time...complete camera mugging. who cares? they didnt play an epic heads up battle and nobody really even cares about danneman

[/ QUOTE ]
well danneman was the one who took the chips off the others and gave em to hachem!
and dannemann enjoyed the final table.
i dont see why both cant be friends or even like each other...
Old 08-31-2007, 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Kid: "i have a flush"
Jamie: "I call"

Jamie loses, kid has flush, LOL, LOL , LOL< see how annoying that [censored] is Jamie???!?!?

That first hand Gold played was hysterical and I guess he didn't try to screw his partner out of 1/2 his winnings or is this more Jamie damage control??

[/ QUOTE ]

My question on this one is, why didn't anyone call the floor on that kid? I mean they (the WSOP people) made a huge deal about how this year people were not going to get away with talking about their hand in a middle of a hand (like Gold did last year)?

I did like the fact though, that Jamie got burned by his own angle shoot from last year! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Best of all, even after the kid told Jamie he had a Flushie, Jamie STILL bets 3k into the kid!
Old 08-31-2007, 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anybody else notice Moneymaker seemed like a total tellbox?
That A7 vs A9 hand was especially painful to watch. I think he was trying to take a page out of the Jamie Gold book.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, Moneymaker is a really nice guy. I played at the same table as him at Ceasars Indiana back at the WSOPCE in March (Event #1). He's actually a pretty good player IMO, and a nice friendly all around guy.

However, I think based on watching him play in the WSOPME Day 1, he was totally on Tilt this time around, and should of taken a time out or something, once he got that double up.