Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2007, 06:52 AM

Default ***Video*** 100max 4 tbl on Stars

Click Meh Enjoy guys this one is a little low on content imo but its just kinda how it worked out this time.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:03 PM

Default Re: ***Video*** 100max 4 tbl on Stars

Downloading now...thanks.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Downloading now...thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too. Thanks.

// M
Old 08-30-2007, 06:00 PM

Great video once again, extremely helpful. But I had a few questions and just curious about your thought process.

pairs in blinds

I noticed instances when you had pairs in the blinds, specifically the small blind. When you had the 55 you just completed and saw a flop. But there were a few other times that I remember, specifically with the 88 where you raised out of the small blind. But also when you made your quads, preflop you called a raise and then a re raise with your 88. Is this to vary play or do you have a cut off point for pairs in these spots? Just curious which ones you are raising and if its most of the time or if your just mixing it up a lot.

Pairs in general

You seemed to be playing your pairs very differently. You limped with your 22 for example, which im guessing you did because there were a few limpers and you had raised the last few pots? Also there were spots where you were 3 betting your pairs and a lot of other spots where you were just flat calling raises. Whats your take in these spots and your thought process?

3 betting pf

Again this kind of goes along with the pairs, but I also noticed it with broadway cards and connectors. More specifically in the blinds, you were 3 betting fairly light out of the blinds with KQo for example. But then there are spots where you fold AJo in the small blind. Just curious how you are deciding whether to 3 bet that spot. I jsut coulndt really tell what your cut off was and why you were or werent doing it during that particular time. Obviously this is player dependant but when you did it in the video I wasnt sure specifically why you were doing it.

AQ

The AQ hand I think was fairly interesting. You say if you were not shooting a video you push in that spot. Just curious why you push there. Although I agree that he most likely didnt have an 8, I think we have to give villain respect for some type of hand, no? Just curious why you wanted to push, did you think there was enough fold equity, and why it was you didnt push because of the video.

stealing blinds

Stealing blinds was another area where I wasnt sure exactly what your though process was. There was one spot where you had 57s and you said you liked to raise those fairly early to mix up your play. But then the next hand on the table above that table you had 67o on the button folded aroudn to you and you folded. Also I saw an instance where you fold an Ax folded around to you. Just curious why you arent raising some of these hands and exactly what situations and hand you are looking for to be stealing the blinds in these scenarios.

Again great video, just curious on some of this stuff. If you dont mind answering I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks again.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
pairs in blinds

I noticed instances when you had pairs in the blinds, specifically the small blind. When you had the 55 you just completed and saw a flop. But there were a few other times that I remember, specifically with the 88 where you raised out of the small blind. But also when you made your quads, preflop you called a raise and then a re raise with your 88. Is this to vary play or do you have a cut off point for pairs in these spots? Just curious which ones you are raising and if its most of the time or if your just mixing it up a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

For the most part I will play all my pairs fast when i am the first one to open the pot. If there are limpers in front of me I will sometimes raise it and sometimes call. That usually has a lot to do with stats and stack sizes of the players. I'm a little more passive out of the blinds when people in EP are entering the pot. I'm a little more aggressive against a cutoff or button raise because their range is a lot wider from those spots. For the most part I'm looking at stack sizes of players in front of me and players who have already limped/raised/cold called.

[ QUOTE ]
3 betting pf

Again this kind of goes along with the pairs, but I also noticed it with broadway cards and connectors. More specifically in the blinds, you were 3 betting fairly light out of the blinds with KQo for example. But then there are spots where you fold AJo in the small blind. Just curious how you are deciding whether to 3 bet that spot. I jsut coulndt really tell what your cut off was and why you were or werent doing it during that particular time. Obviously this is player dependant but when you did it in the video I wasnt sure specifically why you were doing it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't not have a cutoff when it comes to three betting. I will 3 bet any hand if I think its profitable for me. The think I remember about the AJ hand was the original raiser had a middle stack of like 60bb I think. I don't really like to do that against those type of stacks. I end up having to bet the flop and then make a super loose (but correct) call when i get moved in on. I don't remember the KQ hand but I'm guessing that it was a button raise and thats like an auto 3 bet for me.

[ QUOTE ]
AQ

The AQ hand I think was fairly interesting. You say if you were not shooting a video you push in that spot. Just curious why you push there. Although I agree that he most likely didnt have an 8, I think we have to give villain respect for some type of hand, no? Just curious why you wanted to push, did you think there was enough fold equity, and why it was you didnt push because of the video.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't remember the total board texture but him having an 8 was a hard sell to me. I folded because I didn't want to get called by like middle pair or AK because he was playing like 54%. I was likely to get called.

[ QUOTE ]
stealing blinds

Stealing blinds was another area where I wasnt sure exactly what your though process was. There was one spot where you had 57s and you said you liked to raise those fairly early to mix up your play. But then the next hand on the table above that table you had 67o on the button folded aroudn to you and you folded. Also I saw an instance where you fold an Ax folded around to you. Just curious why you arent raising some of these hands and exactly what situations and hand you are looking for to be stealing the blinds in these scenarios.

[/ QUOTE ]

The best way for me to handle this question is that I'm not really ever stealing the blinds. which is why I fold my button sometimes when I could try to "steal". I see guys who raise every button folded to and after awhile they start to get 3 bet like crazy. I don not like an Ax hand in general and I'll open fold most of them all the way up to AJ.

Thanks for the detailed questions I hope I at least cleared that up a little bit for you. I think I need to explain my 3 betting a little more in depth in future videos. I will remember that so thanks a lot.

Sky
Old 08-30-2007, 08:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
pairs in blinds

[/ QUOTE ]

For the most part I will play all my pairs fast when i am the first one to open the pot. If there are limpers in front of me I will sometimes raise it and sometimes call. That usually has a lot to do with stats and stack sizes of the players. I'm a little more passive out of the blinds when people in EP are entering the pot. I'm a little more aggressive against a cutoff or button raise because their range is a lot wider from those spots. For the most part I'm looking at stack sizes of players in front of me and players who have already limped/raised/cold called.

[ QUOTE ]
3 betting pf

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't not have a cutoff when it comes to three betting. I will 3 bet any hand if I think its profitable for me. The think I remember about the AJ hand was the original raiser had a middle stack of like 60bb I think. I don't really like to do that against those type of stacks. I end up having to bet the flop and then make a super loose (but correct) call when i get moved in on. I don't remember the KQ hand but I'm guessing that it was a button raise and thats like an auto 3 bet for me.

[ QUOTE ]
AQ

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't remember the total board texture but him having an 8 was a hard sell to me. I folded because I didn't want to get called by like middle pair or AK because he was playing like 54%. I was likely to get called.

[ QUOTE ]
stealing blinds

[/ QUOTE ]

The best way for me to handle this question is that I'm not really ever stealing the blinds. which is why I fold my button sometimes when I could try to "steal". I see guys who raise every button folded to and after awhile they start to get 3 bet like crazy. I don not like an Ax hand in general and I'll open fold most of them all the way up to AJ.

Thanks for the detailed questions I hope I at least cleared that up a little bit for you. I think I need to explain my 3 betting a little more in depth in future videos. I will remember that so thanks a lot.

Sky

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks a lot for the responses, that did clear things up a bit.

Again thanks for the videos and I hope to see more videos in the future [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]