Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2007, 03:51 PM

Default Re: Need Tips - Workout Advice for a Girl

If I let myself eat intuitively I would eat pretty much one meal a day. Back when I was doing the poker thing I'd get up at like 2 or 3, eat a Chipotle burrito or similar quanity of food at like 9, and then go to sleep at 5 or 6 or whatever. Everyone has a different metabolism.
Old 08-30-2007, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I let myself eat intuitively I would eat pretty much one meal a day. Back when I was doing the poker thing I'd get up at like 2 or 3, eat a Chipotle burrito or similar quanity of food at like 9, and then go to sleep at 5 or 6 or whatever. Everyone has a different metabolism.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope this isn't supposed to be advice.
Old 08-30-2007, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm assuming you're eating probably <1k and making a huge jump in a mad recipe for disaster.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thremp, I agree and have tried in the past to explain that eating too little will stall her metabolism.
Old 08-30-2007, 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm assuming you're eating probably <1k and making a huge jump in a mad recipe for disaster.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thremp, I agree and have tried in the past to explain that eating too little will stall her metabolism.

[/ QUOTE ]

And I'm trying to make a positive change, so get off me.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know it must be tough to be in your shoes. They never listen. The only way to teach them is through Pavlovian conditioning like they're dogs.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Being a calorie counting fiend, I know my BMR is around 1300. Do I need to evenly space my calories between 3 meals? Because my natural inclination would be to eat the fewest for breakfast and the most for dinner . How important is this?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly opposite of what it should be. Remember, you are coming out of an 8 hour fast basically when you sleep. You need to eat a big breakfast as it will all get used up by the end of the day. Also once your metabolism is awake it starts to slow down throughout the day with it being at its slowest by the end, so in order to lose fat, you need to eat the least at the end of the day.

I heard it explained to me like this, eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and eat dinner like a pauper.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:36 PM

im def not as qualified as other posters in this thread but, if you're just looking to improve your overall body, i'd recommend mainly running combined with some pushups/ planks/ squat type exercises.

This might just be me personally, but i think most girls who run have nice bodies. When taken to the extreme/ or when they dont eat well then yea, they get frail and look weak and ultimately unattractive. But most of the girls i know who ran and ate well had really nice athletic figures.

i've been away from university and my regular routine, and the past week i've been doing a workout without weights. i've been running on a 400m track, doing a set of pushups, a set of squat thrusts, a set of situps and then a set of bench steps. I repeat this 3x (with as few and as short breaks inbetween as possible) and then cool down by walking around the track, stretching and then doing planks.

I'd recommend trying this, or just running in general and seeing if you like it/ enjoyed the workout before going out and buying equipment.

stealthcow-

ps. do you have good posture?
Old 08-30-2007, 09:42 PM

stealth...i think your advice to run is ok...as long as she does short intense running and not some 10 mile light jog at a medium/light intensity...donig some kind of sprint/bodyweight circuit will def help her tighten up...
Old 08-30-2007, 10:06 PM

If your goal is fat loss, you should concentrate on nutrition above everything else.

I highly suggest a cyclical ketogenic diet, because the food choices are much better, taste better, and in my experience really rips the fat off your body. Basically your macronutrient ratios are 65/30/5 fat/protein/carbs. All your carbs should be fiberous (meaning green veggies in most cases). The idea is to get your body to burn ketones instead of glycogen, while in caloric defecit you will burn body fat along with dietary fat. This diet has ripped off 15 pounds of fat in 3 weeks off my body.

Add in full body resistance training and HIIT cardio, you will easily lower your body fat% to the low teens (which is healthy for women who normally carry more bf% than men).
Old 08-30-2007, 10:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If your goal is fat loss, you should concentrate on nutrition above everything else.

I highly suggest a cyclical ketogenic diet, because the food choices are much better, taste better, and in my experience really rips the fat off your body. Basically your macronutrient ratios are 65/30/5 fat/protein/carbs. All your carbs should be fiberous (meaning green veggies in most cases). The idea is to get your body to burn ketones instead of glycogen, while in caloric defecit you will burn body fat along with dietary fat. This diet has ripped off 15 pounds of fat in 3 weeks off my body.

Add in full body resistance training and HIIT cardio, you will easily lower your body fat% to the low teens (which is healthy for women who normally carry more bf% than men).

[/ QUOTE ]

And for more bad advice...