Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2007, 01:41 PM

Default Re: AA, KK VS 5-6 Suited

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i disagree, well, In NL, yes, IN HSL short hand, yes, in SSL full ring game, this is wrong, playing drawing card is more profitable than big pair, thx

[/ QUOTE ]

so you're going to 3bet/cap all your drawing hands from now on preflop? you're going to go broke very soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, i am not saying i will 3 bet preflop, what i am saying is all suited-connected card are more profitable than big pair in long run, man, i haven't mention the tilting after you lost big pot if you got AA and some one got J-6 hit their two pair, so after this, most good player will start playing very badly and lost their mind, take this consideration, my OP should be right.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i disagree, well, In NL, yes, IN HSL short hand, yes, in SSL full ring game, this is wrong, playing drawing card is more profitable than big pair, thx

[/ QUOTE ]

so you're going to 3bet/cap all your drawing hands from now on preflop? you're going to go broke very soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, i am not saying i will 3 bet preflop, what i am saying is all suited-connected card are more profitable than big pair in long run, man, i haven't mention the tilting after you lost big pot if you got AA and some one got J-6 hit their two pair, so after this, most good player will start playing very badly and lost their mind, take this consideration, my OP should be right.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you tilt badly from this you shouldnt be playing live limit hold em.
Old 08-30-2007, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't know how good is big pair in multi pot, especially you will not fold your hand!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's your first problem with these hands... You absolutely will win more than your share of pots with AA and KK, but you need to be able to get away from them when it is clear you're beaten. Having the best hand preflop is fantastic. Convincing yourself that you "deserve" the pot and must showdown every single time with these hands is a leak.

You mention Super System (though it doesn't seem like you read it carefully), so here's a quote straight from it... "The secret with big Pairs is to expect to get them beat about half the time. If you win 50% of the hands, and get an average of four-way action, you're going to come out a big winner"... "One of the reasons that Kings, and even more so, Aces, are disliked is that people 'fall in love' with them and lose much more money than they should."
Old 08-30-2007, 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow.
When I lose with AA, I smile and move on. Sure, it's not fun, but why would I lose my mind?
Especially if someone just showed me J6o against my preflop raise. At that point I'm counting all the chips they'll be giving me for the next 4 hours, not lamenting my poor aces.
Old 08-30-2007, 02:49 PM

AA & KK do well in both shorthanded and multi-way pots. 56s needs a cheap multi-way pot to be profitable. Multi-way action adds variance to AA&KK performance but expectation as well. I will take 40% of 20BB over 90% of 2 BB any day.
You're letting some random occurance mess with your mind, Schoonmaker warned us about this. If you ever play with me however I invite you to fold AA&&KK and raise with 56s.
Old 08-30-2007, 03:24 PM

OP, you're also forgetting about all the times when your AA/KK /etc. hands come from behind vs J6o on a J62 flop when a 2 hits on the river.
Old 08-30-2007, 03:31 PM

Whatever. The fact that OP thinks the way he does is why Live LHE is so profitable.
Old 08-30-2007, 03:36 PM

You can say that again Scarmiglio.
Old 08-30-2007, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Whatever. The fact that OP thinks the way he does is why Live LHE is so profitable.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-30-2007, 08:37 PM

Maybe the big pair hands seem less profitable to the OP cause one tends to get tied to pots with big pair hands and a hand like 56s is easy to dump if the flop misses you. Where with AA, you are coming in raising, and 3 betting etc, with 56s your limping in most cases(unless your'e Hyperrrprank). On a bad flop you are probably going to stay in longer with AA than you would with 56s obviously so it stands that you have way more $ invested pre amd post flop. To be able to hang in this game you have to able to know when your pair is no good and also when to push it and Babartown it. I'd take the big pairs all day if I could but I fold for hours on end lately.