Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2007, 01:44 AM

Default Re: Line check

You know what smurph? I think you might be on to something. I wouldn't limp AK from EP and certainly not from MP, but in the blinds, mixing it up ain't a bad idea. I'm not sure if 2 limpers is enough for it to be best, but with 4 or 5, it's not a bad idea, sometimes. Especially if the BB is loose.

and BTW, I'm digging your avatar. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-28-2007, 07:50 AM

I don't like the river bet. That 3 is not a good card unless someone holds excactly Q8. I don't think BTN will check an A, so there is no point in betting.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:37 PM

I only don't like the river bet only because of the turn check/call. The check/raise suggested earlier is a good idea. What are you putting them on that beats you? AQ? I would have thought they would raise pre on that. A3, or 33 are about it. Flush draw is more likely for one of them (maybe Ax giving them top pair, nut flush draw).
Old 08-30-2007, 01:12 PM

On the flop I worry that the button has A3, Q3, or maybe AQ. His aggr factor is only 1. What's he re-raising with? Is he just trying to isolate against BB? Is he playing a flush draw aggressively? Ax diamonds?

UTG probably has the flush draw.

I consider betting the turn to make the flush draw pay but I probably don't do it because of button's flop raise. I call the turn bet but I'm not excited about it. Button may well have us beat.

No way do I bet the river. With 3 other players still in I don't think you are ahead often enough with TPTK - especially after the flop and turn bets by button. A better hand than yours will never fold. You will get raised by hands that beat you and you'll have to call.

As played you have to call because BB is so aggro and you're getting huge odds.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just might check-raise the button on the turn after BB checks it. I don't think he has TPTK beat when he does, so he was potentially pumping a flush draw or something like that, and I want value from him.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are still 3 players in. If you c/r they will all call. This would be a value raise. Are you confident enough that you are ahead? I guess you only need to be ahead about 25% of the time but I think even that is a stretch considering the strong flop betting.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am not suggesting anything really what I am saying is against these mooks when I get a great starting hand in small blind I don't raise it preflop about half the time.

It gives me tremendous postflop edge over them. The AA to JJ I raise probably every time but AK and down its mix up time and yes its a good 50%.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're overthinking it. Your postflop edge is not significantly larger when you limp/check than when you raise. You have the same number of villains postflop, they're still very likely to misplay their hands in exactly the same way as when you raise.

[ QUOTE ]
Multiway AK is a good drawing hand but not super great. Headsup different story but from early I am not going to get headsup too often unless I show some real creativity.

[/ QUOTE ]

You flop an ace or a king about 1/3 of the time. That means you'll have TPTK about 1/3 of the time postflop. You have more than two villains, so you've already got a preflop edge even taking into account that you're "drawing".

[ QUOTE ]
In all I probably play AK using 4 different lines than the standard line we see and advocate mostly on these boards using ABC poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's your loss. We've had these sorts of discussions in the past, I think.

[ QUOTE ]
Any time I read players with as much accuracy as is suggested by the OP here I mix like crazy.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. You should be mixing it up like crazy if *THEY* read *YOU* as accurately as suggested by OP. What benefit is there for you if you change up your lines if you could already read them perfectly? All you do is introduce extra lines that they could be taking against you, which increases the number of new situations in which you have to read them correctly.

I stopped reading at that point. You're trying way too hard to make poker more complicated than it really is (and it's already a very complicated game).
Old 08-30-2007, 01:43 PM

Smurph,
Any post-flop equity you gain by not raising AK preflop (which is probably none anyway) is more than offset by what you gave up by not raising. Nobody says you have to c-bet the flop if you dont like it.

BTW, AK is the best drawing hand there is.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

BTW, AKs is the best drawing hand there is.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

but essentially correct.
Old 08-30-2007, 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

BTW, AAs is the best drawing hand there is.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYFYP

but essentially correct.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-30-2007, 06:37 PM

River bet is spew.. river call after the raise is even more spew!