Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2007, 11:39 PM

Default Re: Decisions You\'ve Made That Have Caused Tremendous Pain

Ok my last one was off on a tangent followup to the "I threw a kegger" posts

So how about this one straight from my late grandfather. It was a decision he made that caused great [physical] pain to something else and it caused great [emotional] pain to himself.

Back on the farm, sometime in the 60s, they had all these damned cats everywhere and Grandpa would have to round up the kittens, put them in a sack with a rock and throw them in the lake. Well he felt real bad about doing that and tried to come up with something more humane.

Here was his solution. He cut a hole in a box, put the kittens in the box, and pushed the box onto his car's muffler. He was going to just put them all to sleep.

Starts his car and about 5 minutes in these kittens are just howling in holy terror and pain and well... he can't stop now so he keeps revving the engine and it takes like 15 minutes before they're silent. He opens the box and instead of kittens looking like they are peacefully asleep he finds a bunch of kittens all burnt to a crisp.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:25 AM

I dared my cousin to eat ketchup with carrots. He threw up all over me. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 08-30-2007, 01:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
*** EMO hamster tragedy alert ***

In 4th grade our class hamster ("Hamper"), which was mine technically, was acting weird after a long cold weekend. He couldn't move except twitching his legs a little and seemed to be suffering. In all our 4th grade wisdom we decided he was dying and we needed to put him out of his misery. There was no malice involved, we honestly thought that.

I tried to suffocate him in a plastic bag, but we decided that was inhumane. So my friend put him in a plastic bag and smashed him over the table. I picked up the carcass with blood running out of his mouth, and threw it away.

The teacher was aware of what we were doing and never tried to interfere. I could kill her for that. It was this hippy, progressive classroom with no desks. So I think she thought we needed to work through life lessons on our own or something. I don't know if she knew we were actually going to kill it. But she must have known what happened after the fact.

I read about 6 months later in Ranger Rick that hamsters go into a kind of hibernation when it's cold and need time to work out of it. I was completely devastated. To this day it remains about the most painful memory I have, and I don't like to be around hamsters. I see them as tragedies waiting to happen.

I feel like complete [censored] right now just writing about this. I was feeling kind of excited about my 5-day weekend coming up. Now I just want to go home and go to sleep.

[/ QUOTE ]

No disrespect to the guy who to told this story, but did anyone else lol?
Old 08-30-2007, 02:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
*** EMO hamster tragedy alert ***

In 4th grade our class hamster ("Hamper"), which was mine technically, was acting weird after a long cold weekend. He couldn't move except twitching his legs a little and seemed to be suffering. In all our 4th grade wisdom we decided he was dying and we needed to put him out of his misery. There was no malice involved, we honestly thought that.

I tried to suffocate him in a plastic bag, but we decided that was inhumane. So my friend put him in a plastic bag and smashed him over the table. I picked up the carcass with blood running out of his mouth, and threw it away.

The teacher was aware of what we were doing and never tried to interfere. I could kill her for that. It was this hippy, progressive classroom with no desks. So I think she thought we needed to work through life lessons on our own or something. I don't know if she knew we were actually going to kill it. But she must have known what happened after the fact.

I read about 6 months later in Ranger Rick that hamsters go into a kind of hibernation when it's cold and need time to work out of it. I was completely devastated. To this day it remains about the most painful memory I have, and I don't like to be around hamsters. I see them as tragedies waiting to happen.

I feel like complete [censored] right now just writing about this. I was feeling kind of excited about my 5-day weekend coming up. Now I just want to go home and go to sleep.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, lol, I'm a bad person. This post saved me from being completely depressed after reading some of the other stories.
Old 08-30-2007, 03:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Pretty much all of them for the last 3+ years.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-30-2007, 04:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I chortled. Sorry Suzzer.
Old 08-30-2007, 05:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I did at the burned kittens story [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 08-30-2007, 06:06 AM

I thought it would be a cool thing to have an gential piercing. what is called a prince albert ring in europe.

doesnt hurt having a needle through my dong but taking a leak hurts the hell for 7 more days.

but hey, now it's all fine
Old 08-30-2007, 06:10 AM

haven't talked to my father in 3 years... don't plan on it until he's on his death bed.

i'm sure i'll regret this when he dies, (which shouldn't be anytime soon, he's only 57) but i can't deal with seeing him/talking to him.

it's had a lot of psychological effects on my younger sister, and she says he cries a lot now.
Old 08-30-2007, 06:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Im fortunate enough that the worst decisions I have made have been non-decisions.

[/ QUOTE ]
You know, I've thought a lot about this kind of thing. Barring catastrophic results, I'm not sure that bad decisions are worse than non-decisions. I think in the end if you experience bad things in life then you do better off than if you didn't have any experiences. Basically, we're all going to have good and bad experiences, and the important thing is that we have them regardless of how good or bad they are.