Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2007, 10:53 PM

Default Re: Ever think about who we assasinate?

[ QUOTE ]
It seems to always be those who preach that we live together in harmony and love one another:
Lincoln; Kennedy

[/ QUOTE ]

lol
Old 08-29-2007, 11:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

malcolm x, I can agree (if you are not american, and I didnt realize nielso wasnt). the jesus thing, yes it is up for debate, but nieslo (to no suprise) looks like a huge ignorant tool stating something like that as fact. If I know hwo Neville Chamberlin is, I assume most foriegners who "think" they know anything about politics should know who bobby kennedy is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Glass houses man. How many of these names do you recognize?
Hassan al-Banna
Karl Liebkneckt
Nikolai Bukharin
Hugo Blanco
Salvador Allende
Benazir Bhutto
Charles Taylor
Juvénal Habyarimana

p.s. the only reason you know chamberlain is because his name is brought up everytime a pseudointellectual jingoist wants to justify bombing some brown people.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is the flying stuff fictional or is it not fictional? Yes or no?

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't matter if Jesus was the Son of God (if there is one), or created by the ruling class in an attempt to organize the jewish tribes towards a common goal: destroying him.

Fact of the matter is (whether or not he was a common guy like the rest of us) he was a great leader just like Ghandi.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes or no, Moseley.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try it. Evaluate it. People have been telling you about the flying people but have they at any time dared to answer this question for themselves? If they can't, then you should.

[/ QUOTE ]

I read a book that was a fictional account of Abraham Lincoln not being assassinated. Since it is fiction, Abraham Lincoln did not exist.

[/ QUOTE ]

I read a book where Abraham Lincoln wasn't assassinated and preached a message of love and peace.

Since we have a bunch of evidence that Lincoln was a historical person, he was therefore not assassinated and preached a message of love and peace.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your logical skills are on par with Nielsio.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious? My analogy is far better than yours. You are basing your views on Jesus on this fictional book, and using his supposed historicity to support those fictional accounts. There is absolutely no factual or historical evidence of anything Jesus has ever said or done, besides being executed. It isn't dismissing the crucifiction because the Bible is wrong, it is you guys pretending the message of Jesus is correct because some guy named Jesus got crucified.

EDIT: Better yet, why don't you just explain to me the logical error I'm making? Since I'm probably too stupid to understand it, do it for the good of the forum.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]

EDIT: Better yet, why don't you just explain to me the logical error I'm making? Since I'm probably too stupid to understand it, do it for the good of the forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if you were in error, the chances are Null that Guids could explain why.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Hassan al-Banna
Karl Liebkneckt
Nikolai Bukharin
Hugo Blanco
Salvador Allende
Benazir Bhutto
Charles Taylor
Juvénal Habyarimana

p.s. the only reason you know chamberlain is because his name is brought up everytime a pseudointellectual jingoist wants to justify bombing some brown people.

[/ QUOTE ]

Weird list. Why are these guys on it? Juvénal Habyarimana, I guess I should have known; for Karl Liebknecht/Nikolai Bukharin/ Hugo Blanco, I'd never heard of them (have many people?) but I don't think they are really of world-historic importance, unless my reading of their wikipedia biographies was too brief.
Old 08-30-2007, 04:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Robert Kennedy is not a "major historical figure" IMO.

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-30-2007, 08:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

malcolm x, I can agree (if you are not american, and I didnt realize nielso wasnt). the jesus thing, yes it is up for debate, but nieslo (to no suprise) looks like a huge ignorant tool stating something like that as fact. If I know hwo Neville Chamberlin is, I assume most foriegners who "think" they know anything about politics should know who bobby kennedy is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hassan al-Banna
Karl Liebkneckt
Nikolai Bukharin
Hugo Blanco
Salvador Allende
Benazir Bhutto
Charles Taylor
Juvénal Habyarimana

[/ QUOTE ]

First, on this list, only Salvador Allende is a historical figure as recognizable as Bobby Kennedy and Malcom X. Maybe Charles Taylor, but that is only because he was in the news a short time ago.(I'm not alking about historical importance here). That being say, I agree that those names should be known to anyone discussing foreign politics.

Second, trying to prove someone else ignorance does not refute the original accusation. If Nielso comes from a western country and does not knowwho Bobby Kenneddy and MalcomX were he is just incredibly ignorant and you should laugh at him.
This ignorance probably explains a lot of his views. You 're much more likely to be belive stupid conspiracy theories if you are an ignorant tool.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If Nielso comes from a western country and does not knowwho Bobby Kenneddy and MalcomX were he is just incredibly ignorant and you should laugh at him.
This ignorance probably explains a lot of his views. You 're much more likely to be belive stupid conspiracy theories if you are an ignorant tool.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you tell me what your motives are in trying to humiliate me? Does it help you somehow, or does it help me somehow?

I'm not used to that kind of thing, maybe it's more normal where you come from.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd never heard of them (have many people?) but I don't think they are really of world-historic importance, unless my reading of their wikipedia biographies was too brief.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah your reading was way way way too brief.

Karl Liebknecht was perhaps one of most heroic political figures of all time. When the reichstag voted for war appropriations in 1914, he went against his own party, and dissented. He gave a speach calling for the defeat of his own country and government. So awesome. Can you even fathom what kind of bravery and conviction this would require? He was obv jailed for it.

Along with Rosa Luxembourg, he was part of a nearly successful movement to overthrow the german government. Had they succeeded, germany would have been allied with russia, and a workers revolution throughout europe would have been a near certainty. World war 2 would have never happened.

Nikolai Bukharin is important because his ill conceived political alignment with stalin led to the downfall of trotsky, which in turn led to russia becoming a prison/hellhole.

Allende is important because he was one of the only democratically elected geniuinely independent marxist politicians in latin american history, and also his downfall is important because it shows that the CIA doesn't "fight for freedom", but rather that they exist to protect the imperial interests of the united states ruling class.

Benazir Bhutto is important because she was the first woman to be elected head of a muslim nation.

Hugo Blanco is important because of the peasant revolts he led throughout Peru. To this day, he's one of the most beloved figures in that country.

Charles Taylor is important because he was a brutal dictator for a really long time in Liberia.

Hassan al-Banna is important because he founded the muslim brotherhood, which has had serious influence on various global and national conflicts.

Basically, my point is that Guids is acting like an ignorant fool to expect Nielso to know who certain americans are, because there are a lot of people that EVERYONE from a certain nation knows about that americans haven't ever heard of. Nielso isn't american so it's unreasonable to expect that he knows who malcolm x or bobby kennedy are.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]

First, on this list, only Salvador Allende is a historical figure as recognizable as Bobby Kennedy and Malcom X.

[/ QUOTE ]

Recognizable? Who cares? We're talking about important people in history, not who is "recognizable"
More people could probably recognize Paris Hilton than Thomas Paine, or Diderot but no one would argue that she's more important.

GAWD.