Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2007, 07:17 PM

Default Deep, AA, flush turn - 50NL

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

Hero (SB): $98.45
BB: $55.75
UTG: $48.00
MP: $73.55
CO: $87.05
BTN: $54.60

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG folds, MP calls $0.50, <font color="red">CO raises to $2.25</font>, BTN folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $9.00</font>, 2 folds, CO calls $6.75

Flop: ($19) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $14.50</font>, CO calls $14.50

Turn: ($48) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero ...

Villain was a decent to good tag. Good chance it's one of you. I have him at something like 17/15/4.
Old 08-29-2007, 08:28 PM

Default Re: Deep, AA, flush turn - 50NL

It is almost impossible for this villain to have a flush here. 9dTd is remotely (really, really remotely) possible but still probably would have pushed flop. And im pretty sure a good tag needs to raise with JJ here on the flop. So I think you are golden.

I think its either push or crai, expecting to see KK or QQ.

I vote CRAI.
Old 08-29-2007, 08:32 PM

Against a TAG, if you bet, he is folding everything you beat. I'd probably check. Another [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] won't hurt us. He most likely peeled with a pair. I'd expect a set to raise, and I think a flush is unlikely.

I also think that, if he bets the turn, the size of his bet will tell us about his hand. A small bet probably means he does have a pair and is trying to protect/get value. A large bet would commit himself and could mean we are beat.
Old 08-29-2007, 08:36 PM

Like has been said, agasint a good TAG fairly safe to say that the flush draw isn't going to hurt you. I'd be CRAI here every time where possible and expect to see KK/QQ/AA although the latter is unlikely.
Old 08-29-2007, 08:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It is almost impossible for this villain to have a flush here.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only likely hands he'd have one with are AJ and AQ, but those are .
Old 08-29-2007, 11:28 PM

This villain isn't calling that reraise with AJ for sure, and I really doubt with AQ. (And regardless the Ad is gone)

SC type hands are the only flush hands that this Villain MAAAAY call that rr pf with, but probably only if he has a read on hero and maybe they have some history. Though we are somewhat deepstacked, so that possiblity becomes more likely.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:18 AM

I'd probably have bet 30-35 and called a shove. Obv hoping he has QQ/KK. Though if villian is a good TAG he seems to have played this hand weirdly IMO since what calls the flop instead of raising or folding (suited connectors with a flush draw/65).

CRAI may be fine. It's just I don't want the 4th diamond to hit if he has KK/QQ with no diamond.