Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2007, 09:50 PM

Default Re: cash out curse on Stars

Anyone who really thinks this nonsense:
Why wouldn't you just make a new account where you might get a 'fresh start' and maybe get a "winning" account?

The people who lose and lose and don't understand that a good player on their account playing those exact same hands would have done better just blows me away.
Old 08-29-2007, 10:05 PM

I originally tried arguing earnestly with those who claim that online poker is rigged. I now believe that it is the wrong thing to do. I was arguing with the wrong target audience.

It is a lot like the arguments about 9/11 conspiracies in the politics forum. The people arguing in favour of a world-wide conspiracy to attack the World Trade Centre, like the people who claim that online poker is rigged, have such a radically different view on the world (as compared to the mainstream) that it is impossible to debate reasonably.

However, for the reasons I mentioned earlier, it is still important to respond to these claims - because regardless of how silly, unsubstantiated and illogical it is to claim that online poker is rigged, there will always be people who believe it.

It's not possible to convince the fringe dwellers who are absolutely convinced that online poker is rigged. It's not possible to change the minds of those people who believe the 9/11 attacks was a neo-conservative conspiracy. All that rational people can do is to hope to make an impression on the undecided people in the middle.
Old 08-29-2007, 10:14 PM

Correct. Well, at least as far as convincing the "poker is rigged" crowd goes. I'll have to take your word for the rest; the little I see of politics in ATF is enough for me. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-29-2007, 10:28 PM

I guess I don't see why anyone needs to be convinced one way or the other really. Believe what you want and vote with your feet...
Old 08-29-2007, 10:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess I don't see why anyone needs to be convinced one way or the other really. Believe what you want and vote with your feet...

[/ QUOTE ]
No one NEEDS to be convinced. However, I'd rather have players who lose all the time keep playing rather than becoming convinced poker is rigged, and telling their fishy friends, and so on, and so on.
Old 08-29-2007, 11:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I've played thousands and thousands of sngs and the riggedness would often help myself. I was in the mode, if it isn't me....then I'm not going to worry about it.

The chip leader 9/10 times would suckout so bad for runner runner it was literally hilarious.

[/ QUOTE ]

Liar.
Old 08-29-2007, 11:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
No one NEEDS to be convinced. However, I'd rather have players who lose all the time keep playing rather than becoming convinced poker is rigged, and telling their fishy friends, and so on, and so on.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see your point. Onward Christian soldier!
Old 08-29-2007, 11:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I've played thousands and thousands of sngs and the riggedness would often help myself. I was in the mode, if it isn't me....then I'm not going to worry about it

The chip leader 9/10 times would suckout so bad for runner runner it was literally hilarious.

[/ QUOTE ]

Liar.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehehe, most of my play has been at hollywood until they banned us players....

but anywho....you've been leveled to the 9nth degree, Good job buddy
Old 08-29-2007, 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I've played thousands and thousands of sngs and the riggedness would often help myself. I was in the mode, if it isn't me....then I'm not going to worry about it

[/ QUOTE ]

Liar.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's my stats for hollywood.

Old 08-30-2007, 12:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Liar.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's my stats for hollywood.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obv a boom account.