Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2007, 06:08 PM

Default NL25 QQ facing raise and RR pf

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 9 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $36.95
BB: $28.80
UTG: $24.30
UTG+1: $26.10
MP1: $32.40
MP2: $20.60
MP3: $26.35
CO: $31.45
Hero (BTN): $70.80

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (9 Players)
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls $0.25, 2 folds, <font color="red">MP3 raises to $1.00</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to $1.75</font>, Hero ???

MP3 is 16/8/1 40 hands
CO is maniac 84/42/1 70 hands

just call or RR? against just maniac i would raise till next july... but i feel like if i raise here i will sometimes get RR'ed by MP3 and have to fold losing all my set value.

thoughts?
Old 08-29-2007, 06:21 PM

Default Re: NL25 QQ facing raise and RR pf

I would reraise, MP3 isn't opening from UTG so his range will be somewhere around AJ,KJs,77+,JTs,QJs. Make it 6 to go and fold to a shove from MP3 (unless you know for 'sure', he knows you want to isolate the maniac with relative trash). Call a shove from the maniac.
Old 08-29-2007, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
just call or RR? against just maniac i would raise till next july... but i feel like if i raise here i will sometimes get RR'ed by MP3 and have to fold losing all my set value.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you just call you can still get knocked out by a MP3 RR or shove. Go ahead and re-raise. Say $6??
Old 08-29-2007, 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you just call you can still get knocked out by a MP3 RR or shove. Go ahead and re-raise. Say $6??

[/ QUOTE ]

just calling doesnt cost as much to find out that i am beat though
Old 08-29-2007, 06:42 PM

$6 seems right
Old 08-29-2007, 06:44 PM

You are threebettting not to find out where you stand but for value since his raisingrange is so large. If he was like 2% preflopraise I would call for setvalue.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

just calling doesnt cost as much to find out that i am beat though

[/ QUOTE ]

Just calling is either (a) playing QQ for set value only, which is giving away a lot of the value of your premium hand, or (b) puts you in an awkward position on the flop. What do you do when he fires into you again? Raise and hang yourself without any more information than you have now? Call down and let everyone draw out on you?

Raising now (1) gets you value for your premium hand (2) let's you find out now where you stand in the event you are behind (3) simplifies post-flop play, and (4) sets you up to stack the maniac when he calls or shoves over the top with his inferior (range of) hand(s).