Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2007, 01:05 PM

Default Re: GG BODOG GG

it's on gambling 911 about 10 times, and calvin arye has made a statement about it.

http://www.gambling911.com/
Old 08-29-2007, 01:08 PM

That is funny that you say you play Bodog and everything is fine...I and every person I know can't open it. They where forced to open newbodog.com it's such a joke.
Old 08-29-2007, 01:11 PM

salesbeast you are a smart man. i would like to subscribe to your newsletter.
Old 08-29-2007, 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it's on gambling 911 about 10 times, and calvin arye has made a statement about it.

http://www.gambling911.com/

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you

[ QUOTE ]
That is funny that you say you play Bodog and everything is fine...I and every person I know can't open it. They where forced to open newbodog.com it's such a joke.

[/ QUOTE ]

Playing on newbodog.com feels very similar as playing on bodog.com. Makes no difference for me. And as long the only Problem is a domian conflict i have no reason to be afraid
Old 08-29-2007, 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You cant "go after all of Bodogs assets". How old are you. If judge says they owe $48 Million, they owe $48 million (thats assuming they dont win on appeal).

Id be willing to bet that Bodog has significantly more than $48 million and paying that amount , if they have to, will not affect the day to day operations of their business much at all.

I would also guess that they can have their attorney appear for them in court without Ayre showing his face.

I wouldnt even be surprised if whatever court this is has no jurisdiction to actually make them pay.

[/ QUOTE ]

He probably should have said that they can go after ANY of Bodog's assets. It probably just so happens that the only assets the court has access/jurisdiction to is the domain name. The "location" of an internet domain for purposes of legal jurisdiction is, so far as I know, an issue that has not really been resolved at all, but the judge could have found that if he has jurisdiction over the company that issued the domain, he has jurisdiction over the domain. It's not like anyone from Bodog was there to tell him this is incorrect...
Old 08-29-2007, 01:20 PM

To understand International law you have to understand politics as the US will flex there muscle to these nations that refuse to hand over company assets won in courts. It will not take ling for the first of loans to stop to Antiga or Belize to make local officials take notice.I almost feel bad for starting this thread as the flaming is amazing. You can do wte you want with your money but IMO I would not play there.
Old 08-29-2007, 01:24 PM

dude you way overestimate what the us is willing to do to get this $48M from bodog. if bodog wants they can just not pay, give up the domain name, email all their customers, and they will be fine
Old 08-29-2007, 01:25 PM

bodog.com does not negotiate with terrorists
Old 08-29-2007, 01:25 PM

you write like man well educated and versed in the areas on international law. please continue posting to keep us updated.
Old 08-29-2007, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you write like man well educated and versed in the areas on international law. please continue posting to keep us updated.

[/ QUOTE ]