Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Where would you rank Carolina?
3rd 3 8.57%
4th 3 8.57%
5th 8 22.86%
6th 9 25.71%
7th 7 20.00%
8th 2 5.71%
9th 3 8.57%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-29-2007, 12:12 PM

Default Re: HIgh Stakes Poker 4 thread (8/27)

[ QUOTE ]
I dont get it.

How come people are always risking 50k or whatever to win just 4k$ from the prop bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

You are at least the second person in this thread to ask this stupid question. Why is this so hard for people to understand? He isn't "risking 50k to win 4k", the 4k is an OVERLAY.
Old 08-29-2007, 12:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have to chime in here. I am a long time lurker and new poster. I dont usually have much to say but rather sit here learning and enjoying the posts and topics.

That being said...

Some very silly aspersions are being made about the now infamous "72 uberdonk bluff into KKKK"

Lets look at the facts...objective facts
1) The players on HSP are either well known pros or people with cash.
2) All of the players on the show have played in games where MUCH crazier stuff went on.
4) All of the players at the table are perfectly willing and able to take a 250k up or down swing at any particular time.
5) When you are already loaded with cash, the money is totally secondary and you are now playing to get off, gamble, get that rush. (you know they say the 2nd best feeling in the world is losing a big pot....and this is definately true when amongst people that almost laugh off 100k wins or losses)

Salorio happens to have balls of steel and ZERO respect for the almighty dollar! He is the player that gets off harder earning a 20k pot on a bluff or a move, rather than win a 30k pot with the best hand. I dont understand it and I hate it as much as most people. But the facts are that the "donk" Salorio actually does real well in the big games. Ask around the poker community (the B&M poker community and not just a bunch of wankers like you and me posting)then you will find that most people respect Salorio and his game.

I personally dont like the guy all that much myself, but I can tell ya the real deal on his play and his image in the big games on both coasts. He is no rookie.

And whether any of us want to admit it or not...if that dude had ANY hand other than KKKK he goes away after the 50k shell. And I wont even believe you if someone tells me that they aren't getting off AA with that board the way that hand went down.

And PS....10 minutes was an exaggeration....in real life it took about 7 or 8 REAL minutes. And YES the hollywooding that Brian pulled off with that delay descision got him 50k. lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Salorio, welcome to 2+2.
Old 08-29-2007, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When the f... did that A-game happen last time??

[/ QUOTE ]

2005 WSOP Tournament of Champions. Mike took it all.

The guy has some serious personality flaws. He poker game doesn't, though.

Stu Unger all over again. Although not as high and, hopefully for Mike, not as low either.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Salorio, welcome to 2+2.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's just silly. I would love to have his bankroll though.
Old 08-29-2007, 10:17 PM

I love to see anyone give Phil a hard time. Thought the show got off to a fantastic start.
Old 08-29-2007, 10:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jennifer Tilly wouldn't have lost all that money on the 7 2 hand. She would have put him on pocket kings.

[/ QUOTE ]
Great post [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

I actually saw that PAD episode on TV and was pretty shocked too.
[ QUOTE ]
I dont get it.

How come people are always risking 50k or whatever to win just 4k$ from the prop bet? Where does the main pot go in 72?

[/ QUOTE ]
He isn't really, that was just why he raised preflop. But afterwards he was just trying to win a huge pot. And as others have mentioned, it would have worked almost every time. You can criticize his reading skills maybe, but the bluff, not as much IMO.
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

RU Serious? When MM is playing his A game he is easily one of the best players in the world. Unfortunetly he doesn't always do this. If I knew Mike was going to play his A game and not blow up, I'd stake him in any game.

[/ QUOTE ]

He lost in every televised poker show I ve seen in last 2 or 3 years. He lost more money online then we can imagine, and he is still talkin about poker like he knows something about it. Yeah, how to be loser, and act like star. When the f... did that A-game happen last time??

[/ QUOTE ]
You know I was wondering the same thing when I was watching this. Almost every time I see him play on TV, he's losing and not playing great. But I don't know if that's really a good representation of him.

Now I have little doubt he's probably overrated overall, because of his high TV exposure due to his antics, but he still has the rep of a good player (who loses his winnings on non-poker gambling, IIRC), and the rep is probably accurate. I wonder though why we almost never see it?

Maybe the producers edit out all his good plays...it's a conspiracy! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-29-2007, 11:31 PM

ARRGHGHHH!!! I forgot about [censored] Comcast- they moved GSN to the upper tier and I have no access to the show this year.
Old 08-29-2007, 11:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The guy has some serious personality flaws. He poker game doesn't, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

How can the first be true and the second not? Didn't the term "Mike M blowup" get coined for this?
Old 08-29-2007, 11:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Haralabob is officially my new favorite pro

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-30-2007, 02:00 AM

I thought it was a great first episode....
they shoulda realized that we don't like newbz on the show. Enough of these no-names trying to be cool. We all agreed that the final table of last season was the best thing that happened to Poker on TV.