Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2007, 10:04 AM

Default Re: 25NL 45s from BB, is turn push good ?

SC's OOP are teh suck IMO and are way overplayed by alot of TAGs . stacks arent close to deep enough to make this a good call preflop IMO but w/e.

I dont really get a good way to play this post flop cause of stack sizes I mean c/r is ok but FE has to be pretty big for it to be good and only leaves you with a PSB on the turn.

Any better lines uNL?
Old 08-29-2007, 10:37 AM
 is offline

oops, thought he was the button here. Don`t call a raise with Scs oop. I much rather play Axs oop then Scs. When you make a hand it`s hard to get paid of. If you really feel the need to play them then check raise flop, but your draw must be stronger than that, and you must be willing to call a shove. I do it against the right players with combo draws.
Old 08-29-2007, 10:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
oops, thought he was the button here. Don`t call a raise with Scs oop. I much rather play Axs oop then Scs. When you make a hand it`s hard to get paid of. If you really feel the need to play them then check raise flop, but your draw must be stronger than that, and you must be willing to call a shove. I do it against the right players with combo draws.

[/ QUOTE ]

Everything stated above couldn't be more wrong?

Playing Ax oop is worst thing ever. at least when u have SCs u can easily make a fold knowing ur in trouble, with Ax ur so often in the pos of (I have a pair of aces.......now what) [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

P.s. I think playing this hand like this is good sometimes, looks like TT-JJ to me and ur gonna get called but u have some outs.

Sometimes i like the c/r flop but usually just call and check turn, almost everyone with AK or 2 overs checks behind and ur winning, if he bets turn ur probably in trouble and you can fold.
Old 08-29-2007, 11:02 AM
 is offline

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Playing Ax oop is worst thing ever. at least when u have SCs u can easily make a fold knowing ur in trouble, with Ax ur so often in the pos of (I have a pair of aces.......now what) [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

P.s. I think playing this hand like this is good sometimes, looks like TT-JJ to me and ur gonna get called but u have some outs.

Sometimes i like the c/r flop but usually just call and check turn, almost everyone with AK or 2 overs checks behind and ur winning, if he bets turn ur probably in trouble and you can fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since you are so smart could you please explain in detail why everything is wrong ? I`m capable of laying down tpwk, when I think I`m beat. Please don`t just post everything is wrong without further explanation.

Axs makes some very profitable and hidden hands. two pair, trips with top kicker, nut flush draws, combo draws, straights. These hands are not so obvious as Scs hands and are very good for checkraising, especialy since I would often play sets the same way.
Old 08-29-2007, 11:02 AM

i fold this pf

and i usually don't semi-bluff OOP - he's calling w/ any overpair
Old 08-29-2007, 11:09 AM

In case it hasn't been said enough, p/f is horrible and will almost never show a profit at 100BBs.

As played, flop cr is ok but I chk turn and fold to a decent bet.
Old 08-29-2007, 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Since you are so smart could you please explain in detail why everything is wrong ? I`m capable of laying down tpwk, when I think I`m beat. Please don`t just post everything is wrong without further explanation.

Axs makes some very profitable and hidden hands. two pair, trips with top kicker, nut flush draws, combo draws, straights. These hands are not so obvious as Scs hands and are very good for checkraising, especialy since I would often play sets the same way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well the main reason "I" think it's wrong is because there is no way ur ever going to hit 2pair or straights enough to compensate for the times u whiff, or WORSE hit and are way behind drawing to 3 outs (at best). I guarantee you very often call the flop with Ax when flop is A97 when you check buddy cbets, then turn you have to check again? or you ahve to block bet and hope ur good ? you are just way way too often in a position to lose more then you are going to win.

Your goal is to put yourself in situations where you can maximize how much you win and minimize how much you lose.

Ax rarely allows you to maximize anything.
Old 08-29-2007, 11:34 AM
 is offline

dmoney, that`s why I say to checkraise with them on the right boards. Your obviously not playing them solely to hit one pair hands. I don`t block bet them I checkraise on the right board. Also, I do call oponens continuation bet when I hit my Ace sometimes. They hardly 2nd barrel, unless they have an ace. And I didn`t said to play them all the time. I said I much rather play them (wich I do occasionaly) then playing Scs oop (I hardly ever do that).

We probably just play hands differently, but don`t just post saying that all this is wrong, cause for me playing these hands can be very profitable, and I have won some very big pots with them.
Old 08-29-2007, 01:19 PM

playing SC's oop is way harder than Axs at least with Axs floping an ace is going to be good a decent % of the time, Sc you need to hit flop at least twice or bluff/semi bluff alot to show a profit .
Old 08-29-2007, 04:32 PM

ty for advices, yeah my preflop play was a bit idiot

on flop with check-raise I thought he will fold all hands thats not overpair (AKs,AQ ...)
If he just calls, he rarely has AA,KK(QQ), and with turn push he can fold any other overpair, if he thinks I have a set
if he just call my turn push I have still some outs for the straight, and perhaps any 4 or 5 are still winner cards
but if I have no FE, this play isn't really good

(calling preflop oop, c/r on flop,push the turn, this is very often a set (mainly NL10-NL25) )

but you are right, against unknown villain with 45s oop, with not so deep stacks it is easy fold pf