FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: ___
Detroit 0 0%
Chicago (H) 10 100.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 12:26 AM

Default Re: OT: [censored] thread, August, READ RULES IN TOP POST

Went to watch the eclipse with my platonic gf last night, walkin by some IDIOT and he's like, "hey, you guys see the moon? it's crazy, it's all red because it's being blocked by mars." tardsack.
Old 08-29-2007, 12:31 AM

Default Re: OT: [censored] thread, August, READ RULES IN TOP POST

[ QUOTE ]
Went to watch the eclipse with my platonic gf last night, walkin by some IDIOT and he's like, "hey, you guys see the moon? it's crazy, it's all red because it's being blocked by mars." tardsack.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's science!
Old 08-29-2007, 12:32 AM

Default Re: The 2+2 Forums: OT: [censored] thread, August, READ RULES IN TOP P

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t600 (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button (t5065)
SB (t2940)
Hero (t905)
UTG (t4590)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls t600, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (t1650) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t255 (All-In)</font>, Button folds, SB folds.

Final Pot: t1395

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
No showdown. Hero wins t1905. </font>
Old 08-29-2007, 12:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t600 (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button (t5065)
SB (t2940)
Hero (t905)
UTG (t4590)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls t600, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (t1650) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t255 (All-In)</font>, Button folds, SB folds.

[/ QUOTE ]

isnt that what they usually do? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-29-2007, 12:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i've just made the mistake of reading some strategy posts in here, and there seems to be a recurring theme of:

a) OP does ICM calc; finds that if opponent is calling x%, it is +EV to push

b) with no discussion of ranges, muppets say "fold" or "clear fold" or "insta fold"

wtf is up with that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you read strategy posts? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Filter for "OT" like the rest of us. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 08-29-2007, 01:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Button (t5065)
SB (t2940)
Hero (t905)
UTG (t4590)

[/ QUOTE ]

They put you on AK.
Old 08-29-2007, 01:23 AM

Why the NFL would want to ban online gambling is beyond me, it'd be about as stupid as if they tried to stop fantasy football leagues. Why the hell else would anyone care about a Browns v. Raiders game in week 14?
Old 08-29-2007, 02:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i've just made the mistake of reading some strategy posts in here, and there seems to be a recurring theme of:

a) OP does ICM calc; finds that if opponent is calling x%, it is +EV to push

b) with no discussion of ranges, muppets say "fold" or "clear fold" or "insta fold"

wtf is up with that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you read strategy posts? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Filter for "OT" like the rest of us. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously guys, I think the standard has been falling off lately and I think it's our responsibility to maintain it. STTF was IMHO the home of the best poker analysts on 2+2, I think we (ideally better players than me) need to put some time into answering some of the posts by our newer members.
Old 08-29-2007, 02:12 AM

I would but no one listens to me.
Old 08-29-2007, 02:54 AM

GKA,
Raps&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Celtics (not actually, but whatever)

In regards to TV.
The third season of Weeds is awful and I have quit the show. That being said I never found it that great outside of Kevin Nealon.
Entourage is a good show, but based on Karp's post not what he wanted, as Entourage is hollow brainless entertainment.
Curb Your Enthusiasm is incredible and they rarely have episodes which miss.
I'm just started The Shield today maybe when I'm done with that I will try Rome or Deadwood.
I gave up on John From Cincinnati when it become clear they weren't going to give the audience any idea what is going on.
I'm downloading Freaks &amp; Geeks which I have heard really good things about will report later.
Two shows I would advise Karp watch are Dexter and Friday Night Lights, although he might not like Friday Night Lights because he is Scandinavian.

As for strategy nobody is really thinking and they just want to get the right answer. Look at threads where people disagree, but the threads don't grow.
Person A: You should push
Person B: You should fold
Thread ends with noone articulating why you should shove/fold or what hand you would need to shove or what types of villains could you shove into.
I made a couple really long strategy posts and most of the responses were "great post" without critically evaluating or asking for any clarification on the post. That obviously shouldn't be the case.
Closed Thread