Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2007, 06:43 PM

Default Re: Rank the NFL Divisions

[ QUOTE ]
AFC West is seriously overrated. It's not 2006 anymore, three of those teams got worse and Oakland is still Oakland.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll give you KC being worse, but how are Denver or SD worse? Keep in mind their QBs have some experience under their belt now.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:03 PM

SD: Norv Turner, much harder schedule.

DEN: I guess saying they're worse isn't necessarily fair; a more accurate statement is that they were never that good to begin with, and they aren't any better this year. They could be a wildcard team but aren't really contenders.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
SD: Norv Turner, much harder schedule.

DEN: I guess saying they're worse isn't necessarily fair; a more accurate statement is that they were never that good to begin with, and they aren't any better this year. They could be a wildcard team but aren't really contenders.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll give you Norv Turner is a downgrade, but sweet lord, they are good, and the fact that they have a harder schedule doesn't mean they are a worse team. They are among the few legitimate SB contenders.

As for the Broncos, Bailey+Bly= better than last year. Also, I think Cutler is going to explode.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:17 PM

The only contrarian thought I have is that Oakland may not be as LOL awful as people think. Otherwise it's tough to argue w/ the consensus that the Chargers will be a little worse, the Broncos a little better, and the Chiefs a lot worse. So yah I wouldn't say it's overrated.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The only contrarian thought I have is that Oakland may not be as LOL awful as people think. Otherwise it's tough to argue w/ the consensus that the Chargers will be a little worse, the Broncos a little better, and the Chiefs a lot worse. So yah I wouldn't say it's overrated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Denver's defense may not be any better, but their offense certainly should be. The quarterback play will almost certainly improve, and Henry will give them better production than the Bells. A much bigger Denver fan than I would have to assess their line compared to last year, but you typically don't need standout linemen to run the zone-blocking scheme. I don't know if they are big Super Bowl contenders, but they are probably the fourth best team in the AFC.

Also, I thought the Norv Turner signing was bad, but everyone was saying that they couldn't win with Marty either.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:12 PM

Obv the Chargers will probably not be better or as good in terms of regular season wins, but they are in good shape to make the playoffs, and with that D, a more experienced Rivers, and LT, they are a serious contender.
Old 08-28-2007, 11:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The OP said to rank for fantasy.

[/ QUOTE ]

If that is the case then....

NFC WEST is the obvious choice. All 4 RB's are top 20 ADP's including 3 out of the top 8. They also have 2 of the the top 7 WR's which most likely have ADP's no less then 30 as well as a top 4 QB.

AFC NORTH seems like a nice 2nd choice. With 3 sick RB's 2 nice WR's 1 top rated QB as well as top tier TE's and DEF and solid mid round value (H.Ward,B.Edwards,M.Clayton,S.Moss,J.Lewis,).

AFC SOUTH- The 4some in Indy almost make this the 2nd best division. MJD is sweet but beyond that it is sparse with solid mid round value (A.Johnson,A.Green,V.Young,F.Taylor).

NFC EAST- Dallas give this division a boost with TO and a core of mid round value including some possible studs (T.Romo,M.Barber,J.Jones). TE strong, WR depth and potential throughout with RB. High ceiling with all backs and ADP.

AFC WEST- Having 2 of the top 4 backs in your division is strong. Add the top 2 TE's, and some strong DEF and this division can hold its own. WR's are thin or this division would be stronger.

NFC NORTH- Definetly the division with the most fantasy question marks (A.Peterson,B.Jackson,C.Johnson,R.Grossman[who affects others on the team],GB.Second WR. Has a high ceiling as well as a low cellar.

AFC EAST- Thin at elite spots but some mid round value.

NFC SOUTH- minimal all around.
Old 08-28-2007, 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, they were one game away from the SB two years ago and the only thing that kept them from having 11 wins last year was a QB change. Do you think before you post? Oh wait, you're a Eagles fan aren't you...
Old 08-29-2007, 12:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, they were one game away from the SB two years ago and the only thing that kept them from having 11 wins last year was a QB change. Do you think before you post? Oh wait, you're a Eagles fan aren't you...

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL.

While I disagree with him about Denver, PokerFink is one of the best posters in this forum. And while I know the stereotypical Eagles fan is loud, brash, stubborn, and not very bright, a very large number are very knowledgeable about football.
Old 08-29-2007, 12:18 AM

Yah disagree - PokerFink is the exception. Nobody in Philly watches football on the Eagles bye week.