Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2007, 08:44 PM

Default Re: SofaMart clowns me, what to do?

[ QUOTE ]
$200 is pretty generous IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-28-2007, 08:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

My statement has nothing to do to the customer service policies or profitability of SofaMart. Anyone who believes themselves so important that they feel threatening to take their individual business away from a company is a serious threat is a douche. Anyone who would make an effort to speak poorly of a company to their friends and family due to a completely understandable mistake like the OP's situation is a douche.

Your response boils down to "lots of people are jackasses." True. But that doesn't mean that we should try not to be.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure how my response boiled down to what you said it did, but never mind. Selling someone a sofa, contracting to deliver it, and accepting payment for the sofa and delivery, then selling that same sofa to someone else is not an "understandable mistake." A furniture store's job is to sell you furniture. The most important part of completing that transaction is delivering the sofa, which this company failed to do. Notice that the furniture store did not screw up some other part of the process, such as taking the original poster's money; they've got that down pat. There is nothing douchy about threatening to, and actually following through with, taking your business elsewhere if you are dissatisfied.

[ QUOTE ]
Sofamart clowned me, what to do?

So yesterday I bought a couch for $630. It's real nice, yada yada yada, great deal. Today I get a call and they want it back? WTF? They say they accidentally sold the same couch twice and now they want to ship it to the other guy, but they've already delivered the couch to me!! I gave them money, I got a couch, as far as I'm concerned the transaction is closed.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be better than the current scenario, where the person with first claim to the item is getting screwed and the second guy got the goods. Anyway, it's a moot point because no one is asking SofaMart to repossess the sofa; all the guy wants is a replacement of like kind.

I wonder what precedents exist for calling the sofa stolen property. Did the original poster not become the rightful owner of the sofa as soon as the contract was executed, ie when he paid for the sofa? Just because the sofa is sitting in SofaMart doesn't mean it belongs to SofaMart; OP transferred ownership of the cash, so why shouldn't we believe SofaMart transferred ownership of the sofa? The couch was no longer SofaMart's to sell.

I can't believe anyone thinks the original poster is being unreasonable; he did not contract for a $200 voucher (good ONLY if he buys from a store that is refusing to satisfy him in the first place), he contracted and PAID FOR a certain model of sofa. SofaMart dropped the ball and owes this guy a couch.

SpaceAce
Old 08-28-2007, 08:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe if your wife didn't haggle them down to bloody stumps, they wouldn't have sold the couch to the next guy that came along.

[/ QUOTE ]

This certainly wins the irrelevancy award.

SpaceAce
Old 08-28-2007, 09:32 PM

I can't believe anyone thinks the original poster is being unreasonable; he did not contract for a $200 voucher (good ONLY if he buys from a store that is refusing to satisfy him in the first place), he contracted and PAID FOR a certain model of sofa. SofaMart dropped the ball and owes this guy a couch.
SpaceAce

[/ QUOTE ]

SpaceAce.. bravo. This guy gets it. As far as the sofa company's offer of $200... From my understanding.. it's not "here's $200 to buy something nice from our store.. so sorry". Instead it's "$200 off full price of a new couch.. which you will buy". Unacceptable. The company makes out like a THIEF if that happens. They just sold two couches at very high margin.

So for you chumps defending the business.... what if you negotiated a price of a car... signed the papers.. came in the next day to drive it home.. and they had sold it to someone else? Aw.. shucks? Honest mistake? Pfffffft. Anyone who rolls over in a situation like this is a spineless coward. I dunno..maybe you don't mind being taken advantage of... maybe people like you make it worth the companys' while to pull stunts like this. My ass they 'accidently' sold the couch. They got a better offer and they are trying to scheme their way out of it now. It's BUSH LEAGUE.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:38 PM

I don't know what his recourse is, but yeah I'd be pissed too. He paid for a certain sofa and they gave it to someone else. A $200 credit is nothing in this case. They should deliver him the sofa that he paid for and they agreed to deliver. If that means they eat $600 on the deal then so be it.
Old 08-29-2007, 12:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
SofaMart has monumentally clowned me and I need some advice.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ditch SofaMart and go to Sofa King!
Old 08-29-2007, 12:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I wonder what precedents exist for calling the sofa stolen property. Did the original poster not become the rightful owner of the sofa as soon as the contract was executed, ie when he paid for the sofa?

[/ QUOTE ]

I need a pic of Lebron repeatedly banging his head into a wall. This is just monumentally stupid, no precedents exist and the sofa was not stolen. God, this whole thread has just been tarded up.

J
Old 08-29-2007, 01:28 AM

Can't they just get an older model couch, of the same kind, from another of their retail stores? I can't imagine the entire chain is sold out of this couch.
Old 08-29-2007, 01:41 AM

do you 12 table and setmine 25nl?

LOLNITZ
Old 08-29-2007, 01:45 AM

You have every right to be dissatisfied with the 200$ store credit if you feel it is unfair. They messed up; you did nothing wrong and you deserve a similar couch for a similar value.