Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2007, 07:23 AM

Default Re: Poker Radio

[ QUOTE ]
mr.bum - "puke and punch myself" - dude I would pay good money to see that!

[/ QUOTE ]
free for you....eat a large pasta dinner with extra sauce,then stand in front of a mirror and crank up bluff poker radio.it is more common to have this reaction than to not.
Old 08-26-2007, 02:35 AM

i hear that pokerwire radio is about to be killed off can anyone give me any info on this please. thanks in advance.
Old 08-26-2007, 03:04 AM

pokerwire website says it all... RIP Pokerwire Radio.
Old 08-26-2007, 05:44 AM

Beyond the table is entertaining. Not really much if any poker strategy. More like a few friends ripping each other and poking fun at things with a poker edge, entertaining though.

Rounders is a good show. Sucks if pokerwire is going under, I liked that one also. Ante up, if that's the one from some guys in florida that show isn't very good.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:46 PM

Just finished reading about the PokerWire radio. Those people over at WPT, they really are starting to piss me off and I may stop tuning in to their program all together. After all it isn't like there aren't dozens of other poker shows to watch.

Sorry to see you sign off pokerwire.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:07 PM

I just heard about the pokerwire news. Just another in a line of unfortunate effects on the community thanks the CardPlayer/WPT deal. Worse still, if Gavin, Joe and Joe try to find another venue, they're probably going to find that the monopolies that are forming will make it impossible for them to find a venue that will offer them the kind of compensation needed to get guys with their time demands to do a show. I hope I'm wrong, but i don't think I am. Gavin Joe and Joe, thanks for letting me be a small part of pokerwire radio. Such a shame.

Gary

PS: It really is unfortunate that WPT's part in the poker boom has made them feel they have no obligation to stewardship for the game.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:23 PM

Hey Gary - I went to your show last week and couldn't help but nbotice that the guests weren't on, you got them coming back any time soon?
Old 08-28-2007, 08:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Gary - I went to your show last week and couldn't help but nbotice that the guests weren't on, you got them coming back any time soon?

[/ QUOTE ]

last week, the production studio had some major malfunctions and we were forced off the air, sorry about that, guys. Trust me, it's last thing i wanted to have happen. We're going to get the Mouth on another time, and he and I will go to war about WSOP.

We have Todd Brunson and Jamie Gold on tonight and the producers tell me all systems are a go. Should be fun.

Gary
Old 08-28-2007, 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just heard about the pokerwire news. Just another in a line of unfortunate effects on the community thanks the CardPlayer/WPT deal. Worse still, if Gavin, Joe and Joe try to find another venue, they're probably going to find that the monopolies that are forming will make it impossible for them to find a venue that will offer them the kind of compensation needed to get guys with their time demands to do a show. I hope I'm wrong, but i don't think I am. Gavin Joe and Joe, thanks for letting me be a small part of pokerwire radio. Such a shame.

Gary

PS: It really is unfortunate that WPT's part in the poker boom has made them feel they have no obligation to stewardship for the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that the WPT deserves its share of blame and finger pointing, but the entity that deserves the most blame is the WSOP who started this type of thing. It shouldn't be too surprising that the WPT did this after the WSOP made this a reality, which led to companies like Cardplayer rushing to overpay for exclusive rights in response to fears that they would be the odd man out.

Either way its sad that the best site for updates, along with the best poker radio show is no more. And now that there is no competition, don't expect for there to be an increase in quality.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:41 PM

Good point Franchise 60 - monopolies seldom lead to better products - just look at Windows history LOL