Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Where would you rank Carolina?
3rd 3 8.57%
4th 3 8.57%
5th 8 22.86%
6th 9 25.71%
7th 7 20.00%
8th 2 5.71%
9th 3 8.57%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-28-2007, 06:22 PM

Default Re: HIgh Stakes Poker 4 thread (8/27)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
can't believe no one mentioned this gem from esfandiari:

"I love America, if my Dad didn't move here I'd be shooting guns or riding camels"

[/ QUOTE ]

I like Antonio, and that was funny, the first four times I heard him say it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I caught him saying something on one of the reruns. Something like: "We Persians are the luckiest people on the Earth... except for our government... and basic human rights..."
Old 08-28-2007, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Seemed like the producers were more careful this time around about hiding people's hole cards. Once someone's cards were on the screen you knew they were going to stay in the hand. I think it's very educational to see what sorts of hands people let go obviously.

[/ QUOTE ]
Did they get complaints about showing folded hands or something? More likely they just decided to streamline the show I guess.
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He thought about the hand for at least 10 minutes before calling (they sped up his discussion in editing)

[/ QUOTE ]

^"At least?" Right. Does "at least" now mean "not even close to, maybe a quarter of the amount I'm about to say" ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Were you there?

[/ QUOTE ]

Whether it was 10 minutes or more, it's ridiculous to take that long. If the money means that much to you, then you're in the wrong game. Otherwise, decide within a minute, in some very rare case two minutes.

[/ QUOTE ]
10 minutes does seem like it has to be an exaggeration.

But certainly it wasn't because the money meant that much to him, no way's he's putting the other guy on a straight flush draw [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] He was just feigning weakness. 10 minutes would be going overboard though. 30 seconds I can understand, maybe 2 minutes because of the amount of money at stake. 10 seems like overkill. But, maybe you're right and the money did mean a lot to him, and it worked in getting him another $50K.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:50 PM

Mike Matusow is perfect example that anyone, and I mean anyone can make it in poker. He is top notch idiot.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The guy paid the damage waiver, he got his money's worth. If you don't like it, then you can be the guy who turns down the -EV damage waiver, so it doesn't impact you. Sound good? It isn't his job to ensure low premiums for everyone else. He paid the waiver, he can do what he wants.

Also, it was hilarious.

[/ QUOTE ]
You have a very interesting interpretation of what insurance is and what it allows you to do, though I'm afraid it won't hold up in court when insurers sue you for fraud.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The other guy caused hundreds (possibly thousands) of dollars in damage to a car in real life just because he's a prick.

[/ QUOTE ]
OMFG NOT A CAR

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Old 08-28-2007, 07:39 PM

Antonio is a monster winner in live games. He's got a lot of nerve (obviously) and unbelievable game selection. I think he should have shut down after the PF reraise was called, but I agree that it's hard to put Brian on a king (or kings). Brian was tough to read b/c he didn't want to be bullied but he has tight-passive tendencies. -BA
Old 08-28-2007, 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The other guy caused hundreds (possibly thousands) of dollars in damage to a car in real life just because he's a prick.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought it was because the GUY AT THE DESK was a prick.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

-evryone raises so small pf. i think the only good size raise was by haralabos to 2600. fwiw i would make my standard raise 3k

[/ QUOTE ]
blinds are 300/600 plus ante, right?
Old 08-28-2007, 07:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought it was because the GUY AT THE DESK was a prick.

[/ QUOTE ]
In terms of degrees of prickitude, the guy at the desk was clearly owned thoroughly in this case [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-28-2007, 08:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Seemed like the producers were more careful this time around about hiding people's hole cards. Once someone's cards were on the screen you knew they were going to stay in the hand. I think it's very educational to see what sorts of hands people let go obviously.

[/ QUOTE ]
Did they get complaints about showing folded hands or something? More likely they just decided to streamline the show I guess.
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He thought about the hand for at least 10 minutes before calling (they sped up his discussion in editing)

[/ QUOTE ]

^"At least?" Right. Does "at least" now mean "not even close to, maybe a quarter of the amount I'm about to say" ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Were you there?

[/ QUOTE ]

Whether it was 10 minutes or more, it's ridiculous to take that long. If the money means that much to you, then you're in the wrong game. Otherwise, decide within a minute, in some very rare case two minutes.

[/ QUOTE ]
10 minutes does seem like it has to be an exaggeration.

But certainly it wasn't because the money meant that much to him, no way's he's putting the other guy on a straight flush draw [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] He was just feigning weakness. 10 minutes would be going overboard though. 30 seconds I can understand, maybe 2 minutes because of the amount of money at stake. 10 seems like overkill. But, maybe you're right and the money did mean a lot to him, and it worked in getting him another $50K.

[/ QUOTE ]

A poor post by me since I was complaining in general about people taking too long. Acting for ten minutes is obviously way too long. Who does he think he is, Tiffany Williamson?